• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

3rd Test at the SCG, Sydney, 7 Jan - 11 Jan 2021

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Look i tried to engage you in a conversation, but you want to make it still personal. Go and get some sleep old man.

Tomorrow will be better day.
Today was a great day, thanks. Love some stonewalling draws. also had some great dumplings at lunch. Fmd so good.

I’m not really that interested in your takes though, nor in taking what you say seriously, because you’re basically a YouTube comment come to cw. You’re genuinely never here when your side does poorly, then you turn up with the hubris when they do. And even then you really offer very little of substance anyway.

For example, hb and I barely agree on anything cricket and butt heads constantly, but at least he fronts up when the game isn’t going his side’s way. Same for most of the Indian cabal on here. I’ve blown into tissue paper which is thicker than your skin, mate. Your efforts are transparent and can’t be taken seriously.

Senile Sentry

International Debutant
But you just said he never had a good pace attack with him til now. Which is it?
Not sure if you are deliberately being dense

In 2018, he played just 1 game. Historically Ash hasn't done well in Aus but that was in 2012 and 2015 particularly, when he was saddled with not so great bowling attacks. (VINAY KOOOOOMAR)

He got his first taste , however brief, in 2018 and now.

Burgey

Ashwin has also batted well in all our tours to Australia. He was the only one getting any runs for us in 2012 though they were meaningless in that tour.
I remember that. The start of the “Ashwin can bat”
Meme in all its glory. He did basically every press conference for the series too, which also became a meme back then iirc

Burgey

Not sure if you are deliberately being dense

In 2018, he played just 1 game. Historically Ash hasn't done well in Aus but that was in 2012 and 2015 particularly, when he was saddled with not so great bowling attacks. (VINAY KOOOOOMAR)

He got his first taste , however brief, in 2018 and now.
Sample size of one in 2018. Awesome

OverratedSanity

Couldve been easy for Vihari to try and score more runs to make his average look better. Which is after all all some people remember years later. But stuck to deadbatting very unselfishly. Shame about the runout in the first innings because this pitch really was to his liking.

Burgey

Couldve been easy for Vihari to try and score more runs to make his average look better. Which is after all all some people remember years later. But stuck to deadbatting very unselfishly. Shame about the runout in the first innings because this pitch really was to his liking.
He was ****ing awesome. I said in the predictions thread I thought he would have a low key good series, but I didn’t think he’d lowkey his strike rate quite to today’s point. Was a quality knock in tough circs

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Gnske likes this post.

Of course you can write off players. And if they do well, good on them, you acknowledge it and get on with it. Do you just hedge your bets watching sportspeople instead of looking at them and, on a forum about that sport, not put forward your thoughts on them? Cos that seems to me the blancmange approach to posting

I’d rather say what I think of a player/ how I think they’ll go and get a call wrong than hand wring and not put forward a view.

Or worse, not front up after a game when the mob I support have done poorly. That’s not a shot at you btw.
I am happy to say what I feel re a player. However, your criticism of Ashwin did seem a bit over the top to me frankly.

Senile Sentry

International Debutant
Today was a great day, thanks. Love some stonewalling draws. also had some great dumplings at lunch. Fmd so good.

I’m not really that interested in your takes though, nor in taking what you say seriously, because you’re basically a YouTube comment come to cw. You’re genuinely never here when your side does poorly, then you turn up with the hubris when they do. And even then you really offer very little of substance anyway.

For example, hb and I barely agree on anything cricket and butt heads constantly, but at least he fronts up when the game isn’t going his side’s way. Same for most of the Indian cabal on here. I’ve blown into tissue paper which is thicker than your skin, mate. Your efforts are transparent and can’t be taken seriously.
And you think you are one smashingly great cricketing analyst here? You have been tolerated unbelievably well in this forum mate more so because it happens to have a majority of Aussie and English members. Any other forum you are likely to be banned in minutes for your direct and not so direct condescending attitude towards a section of posters. So let's leave this grandstanding at that.

And what is with this comparison with other posters? Its not a ****ing school where you instruct kids to copy the good kids in the class, mate. I could hypothetically ask you to behave like how Prince EWS act here, but I dont because it doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

Anyway, I have taken the bite and that's it for the night on this topic.

Burgey

I am happy to say what I feel re a player. However, your criticism of Ashwin did seem a bit over the top to me frankly.
That’s fair enough and I don’t mind you pointing it out to me at all. But it’s going to be a boring discussion if no one says what they think of a player beforehand and hedges their bets because someone might, heaven forbid call them out on it on a cricket forum?

Burgey

And what is with this comparison with other posters? Its not a ****ing school where you instruct kids to copy the good kids in the class, mate.
I’m just trying to point out the ways in which you’re an odious toad of a poster and to help you improve.