• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

let’s remember some guys

sunilz

International Regular
Doug Bollinger
Bowled exceptionally well in few IPL for CSK . Also owned Gayle in ODI series in 2009.

Cameron White
Was supposed to be next Symonds I suppose .
Was the main test spinner on 2008 tour to Ind ?

Balaji
Was the hero of Pak tour 2004.
Got hit for 6 by Brett Lee in Sydney ODI 2004.

Teja.

Global Moderator
Balaji
Was the hero of Pak tour 2004.
Got hit for 6 by Brett Lee in Sydney ODI 2004.
I remember Irfan Pathan and Laxmipathi Balaji being among the most loved people in India for that year. Still shows up in facebook memes by millennials with ****ty captions referring to that 2004 team like 'that was a bowling attack', 'that was a middle order', 'this man was a captain' etc.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Trent Copeland.

He is not express, but his height, accuracy and ability to deceptively move the ball both ways make him a tough bowler to face. I've always enjoyed watching him bowl and I don't know why he wasn't given more opportunities. He has been extremely consistent in the FC games and I guess he hasn't retired yet. Obv, he is 34 now and can't be picked, but he should have got more opportunities to prove himself. I think generally bowlers who are genuinely quick get more chances because people get too excited by pace(nothing wrong with that) and expect them to deliver, but there are other ways to be effective as a bowler.

He was discarded after just 3 tests, all of them in Sri Lanka.

Here's a video of him:
He's a chucker IMO

Chubb

International Regular
Saw Dan Cullen go for 100+ in a day when he was - bizarrely - picked up as Somerset’s overseas player alongside Cam White. I mostly remember that he and White had cut the sleeves off their shirts, for some reason, so it looked like they were both wearing singlets. Otherwise no idea how he got into the Australian team, and he disappeared rapidly.

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
james fuller never played international cricket despite probably having the raw talent to do so. born in south africa, he popped up in the nz under 19 system because he had genuine pace and could hold a bat. he got his chance for the otago mens side and put in some okay performances but nothing outstanding, and it was hoped he'd have a real breakthrough season soon and graduate to international cricket.

instead he went mercenary and took the county cash, spending his ability on well paid obscurity. that was, until he was on the receiving end of scott styris's bat and going for 38 in an over. he never really broke through in the game, achieving middling returns with the cheat ball and eventually moving away from bowling to becoming a bit of a t20 biffer who bowls part time.

sometimes i wonder if things could have worked out differently for him, but in the end a player has to want international cricket and if he wanted financial security over being nzs bowling allrounder sending down heat then fair enough. he's only 30 years old too. crazy to think he might have kept a tim southee or kyle jamieson out of the side in a different universe.
James Fuller has played international cricket, T20Is, for England.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Aaron Redmond and Jamie How. If they haven't already been mentioned.

Redmond getting recalled to be a guest cameo in 2013 still seems bizarre.

Gnske

Also Daniel Flynn. Although everyone will remember him for the ignominy of getting his face smashed by a stock 110 kph James Anderson long hop.

RossTaylorsBox

Neil Broom was a guy who I thought was useful but ended up being famous for being cheated by Rad Haddin.

Tim McIntosh was a guy who got 100 only because the Windies can't catch.

Warren Wisneski was a guy.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Neil Broom was a guy who I thought was useful but ended up being famous for being cheated by Rad Haddin.

Tim McIntosh was a guy who got 100 only because the Windies can't catch.

Warren Wisneski was a guy.
To be fair, McIntosh also rocked a floppy hat all the way to a hundred in India.

Gnske

Kruger van Wyk played 9 tests.
Such a small bloke by god. Wonder how he stacks up to James Taylor and Bavuma? @thierry henry

I'm also reminded of the brief tenure of Reece Young and him getting smashed in the face during the Australia tests of 2011. Although I think he's been mentioned already.

Gnske

Tim Ambrose strikes me as a trivia question sort of pure guy that you'd struggle to remember unless specifically asked. You could easily forget the brief intermission between the full Jones/Read to Prior transition.