• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Border-Gavaskar Trophy all time XI

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
You can say that but I think Gilchrist batted and kept vs better quality bowlers & batsmen which accounts for that away average a lot more than Pant being anywhere close to Gilchrist in terms of class as a keeper/ batsman So I think Gilly easily > Pant even with those stats for a BG Trophy XI.
well, indeed

h_hurricane

International Vice-Captain
There was a 10 innings phase where Gilchrist averaged a miserable 9.8 against India. Starting from the Kolkata test match in 2001 until end of 2003-04 series. When Mcgrath was unavailable in 2003-04 (Warne was a non factor anyway), Australia needed Gilchrist to step up against India and he failed.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Had Z and Srinath as well. So pretty good.
Both played like a test each and and Srinath was injured I think and Zak had not even been playing International cricket for a year. And the fact that Gilly actually failed against a worse attack in the 2nd and 3rd tests is even more telling.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This thread sucks. Everyone is biased and just arguing for wichever guy is from their country. And for some reason now you're arguing about pre and post 1996 and people are taking the title literally even though clearly the thread was about all India v Australia games not just those after 1996.

the big bambino

International Captain
Both played like a test each and and Srinath was injured I think and Zak had not even been playing International cricket for a year. And the fact that Gilly actually failed against a worse attack in the 2nd and 3rd tests is even more telling.
One played the first and the other the last two. Either with a rampant Harby is a decent attack. More a challenge in those conditions than what Pant faced on a road in Sydney after Pujara did all the hard work.