• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Still head for wrist spin bowlers

KW22NZ

Cricket Spectator
How do I keep my head still as a wrist spin bowler? Any drills? Or any knowledge/advice/tips/technique? I'm a chinaman bowler.

NotMcKenzie

International Debutant
What exactly are you asking for? As a bowler, your head will never be still, and it will move down and outwards as one goes theugh the bowling action.

Naheed

School Boy/Girl Captain
Obviously, if you are going to throw a ball, you have to take a series of actions that can disrupt your focus. However, until you can't achieve the balance that you desire. Do practice your spin bowling consistently to make yourself expert.

Himannv

International Coach
How do I keep my head still as a wrist spin bowler? Any drills? Or any knowledge/advice/tips/technique? I'm a chinaman bowler.
It's a bit hard to advise someone who is already bowling without actually seeing their action.

As a general suggestion, you could try the following:

1. Practice your action without the ball first.
2. While doing the above, concentrate more on keeping your head straight at the point of release.
3. Keeping your eyes fixed on the place you want the ball to pitch or something similarly specific, like the off stump line or even the batsman for example can also help (this is during the runup).
4. Try to do this without changing your action much.
5. These things take some time and will require loads of practice to really see results.

Note: I'm not a professional coach, so someone with more experience can give you a better answer.