• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies Tour of England 2020

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Frank Worrel and Trans-Tasman trophies respectively.

New Zealand only have a named trophy for that fixture, which perhaps impedes their performance as it’s the one trophy they can’t win.

Pakistan the side with no trophies to play for as far as I can find.

there’s a list here:https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Test_cricket
Australia and NZ have a separate Chappell/Hadlee trophy for their one day contests. Slightly ironic after Trevor and Greg's contribution. Presumably NZ have held that one from time to time.

Last edited:

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
The 'Chappell' part of the Aus vs NZ ODI trophy got me thinking about other possibilities. I look forward to England and Pakistan competing for the Gatting/Rana Trophy. And the Ashes being renamed the Douglas Jardine Trophy.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I kind of agreed with Atherton's (I think) reasoning for naming the series after Learie Constantine.

Australia and NZ have a separate Chappell/Hadlee trophy for their one day contests. Slightly ironic after Trevor and Greg's contribution. Presumably NZ have held that one from time to time.
The 'thing' behind the Chappell-Hadlee trophy is that they're both important cricketing families. I must say naming the ODI rather than test series is a bit odd though.

cricketsavant

U19 12th Man
Very powerful press conference from Jason Holder on the lack of funding for those outside the big 3. Hopefully the ICC heed his words
The financial model is up for change with the BCCI and ECB still getting the biggest stake but CA dropping down and getting the same stake as PCB and CSA I believe. I am not sure how the covid situation changes things. Another problem if that the WICB, PCB, CSA, SL and so on all fell for the BCCI dollar and its their fault for not sticking up for themselves.