• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in England 2020

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Tour Match, Pakistan tour of Netherlands, Ireland and England at Derby, Jul 17-20 2020
1st Test, Pakistan tour of Netherlands, Ireland and England at Manchester, Aug 5-9 2020
2nd Test, Pakistan tour of Netherlands, Ireland and England at Southampton, Aug 13-17 2020
3rd Test, Pakistan tour of Netherlands, Ireland and England at Southampton, Aug 21-25 2020
Tour Match, Pakistan tour of Netherlands, Ireland and England at Leicester, Aug 26 2020
1st T20I (D/N), Pakistan tour of Netherlands, Ireland and England at Manchester, Aug 28 2020
2nd T20I, Pakistan tour of Netherlands, Ireland and England at Manchester, Aug 30 2020
3rd T20I (D/N), Pakistan tour of Netherlands, Ireland and England at Manchester, Sep 1 2020

Day 3 of Pakistan's warm up game is going on now

That Haider Ali kid is making a few runs at 3, he's rated really highly by people who've seen him play. Fawad Alam has failed twice.

The attack will probably be Abbas, Afridi and the two Shahs. Haris Sohail isn't touring so in his absence they might be tempted to play Ashraf as their poor mans Stokes (would be a mistake imo) or Shadab who batted well when they last toured.

Likely XI

Abid Ali
Shan Masood
Azhar Ali
Babar Azam
Asad Shafiq
Rizwan/Sarfraz + (forgot who the incumbent is)
Faheem/Shadab
Yasir Shah
Shaheen Afridi
Mohd Abbas
Naseem Shah

I kinda want a batsman instead of that no rounder. Maybe Alam who can also chip in with some troll spin. If they had Sohail touring this would be a pretty strong side imo. As it stands I think it it's probably slightly weaker than England's given how the top order seems to have developed a backbone.

Last edited by a moderator:

vcs

I think Pakistan have a really good chance here. Am I right in thinking that the last time they lost a Test series to England was when Amir, Asif and Butt gone done for spot-fixing?

The new guy Naseem Shah looks a great prospect and their new opener Abid Ali has done very well. They need to resist the temptation to pick Shadab Khan who's never looked like a Test legspinner, and stay away from the Imran Khan Jr/Sohail Khan type old guys.

Daemon

No Imam? Isn't he a bit of a shoe-in to play?
I think Masood is the incumbent, bit harsh to drop him since he made a hundred in the last game he played.

I vaguely recall Imam looking adequate as an opener in England though I may be dreaming this up.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Yeah, Abid Ali is awesome and so is Shan Masood actually. Haris Sohail is the one they will really miss, as he added the much needed balance at #6. I don't really think they need an allrounder, I would rather play Fawad at 6. That batting line up is very good and Naseem and Yasir can do well in England. Afridi will do what Amir does, look a million dollars but have very little to show for it. Abbas will be fun to watch. He could either run away with the series or cost them it.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I think Masood is the incumbent, bit harsh to drop him since he made a hundred in the last game he played.

I vaguely recall Imam looking adequate as an opener in England though I may be dreaming this up.

Nah I meant, with the Lord Protector Misbah and selection chief Incy, he seems to start every game he is available for. I won't pick him ahead of the top 6 I just mentioned in my previous post.

Neptune

State Vice-Captain
The test series is only just over two weeks away. Starts a week after the West Indies tour concludes. Busy schedule for us.

trundler

Yeah, Abid Ali is awesome and so is Shan Masood actually. Haris Sohail is the one they will really miss, as he added the much needed balance at #6. I don't really think they need an allrounder, I would rather play Fawad at 6. That batting line up is very good and Naseem and Yasir can do well in England. Afridi will do what Amir does, look a million dollars but have very little to show for it. Abbas will be fun to watch. He could either run away with the series or cost them it.
Afrifi managed a fifer in Oz and looked decent in England last time around

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
It feels wrong sticking a thread with that title. Did we really need Daemon (to be the one to make it)?

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Jeez Mohammad abbas has some crazy bowling stats. Only saw him when Pakistan toured aus last year and wasn't that impressed. Is he the real deal?

vcs

He's in the Philander/Asif mould so he'll never be the "real deal" if raw pace/bounce/aggression is your thing. Definitely has the tools to be very successful in English conditions as he proved on his last visit though.

Spark

Global Moderator
apparently there were meant to be a few pakistan vs the netherlands odis on this tour as well

morgieb

Jeez Mohammad abbas has some crazy bowling stats. Only saw him when Pakistan toured aus last year and wasn't that impressed. Is he the real deal?
Think he wasn't 100% on that tour. The series before that against the two teams (albeit against a much worse batting lineup) he was lethal. And that was in pretty good batting conditions.

Gremlin

U19 Vice-Captain
I've not read much on this but given the nature of bubbles and things are England going into this series with the same 20(ish) man squad as the WI series?