• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies Tour of England 2020

TimAngas

State Vice-Captain
Apparently it will be sunny tomorrow, so the West Indies have the advantage of the overheads. So England probably can't rely on Anderson wizardry to get them through and will need a real contribution from Archer and Wood, but I can't see these two sustaining pressure for as long as will be required. Campbell, Blackwood and Holder each have the propensity to jump on the bowling and strike flurries of boundaries against pace, even if they don't go on to get big scores. West Indies are favourites by my assessment.

Flem274*

123/5
tino best was such a dumb bowler which is a shame because he has a massive heart. i think with a micro-manager and emotionally intelligent skipper to set his fields or anticipate his pitch maps tino could have had more success than he did.

plus his chrome dome is top tier

Flem274*

123/5
halftime in the rugby, here's a combined windies-england side of the best i've seen

cook
gayle
root (lel #3 again sorry m8)
lara
chanderpaul
stokes
prior
flintoff
holder
swann
broad

anderson unlucky. i couldn't resist allrounder h4x

Flem274*

123/5
halftime in the rugby, here's a combined windies-england side of the best i've seen

cook
gayle
lara
chanderpaul
stokes
prior
flintoff
holder
swann
broad

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

cook
gayle
lara
chanderpaul
stokes
prior
flintoff
holder
swann
broad

I think I'd play Lara at 3, as you know one of the great number 3 bats of all time.

My combined team

Greenidge
Boycott
Lara
Richards
Lloyd
Botham
Knott
Marshall
Swann
Ambrose
Garner

Think in time Stokes will be above Beefy.

Last edited:

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Don’t think Stokes will ever be that bowler but will be more suited to #6.
I am not actually the biggest fan of Botham,w hich is odd as I am a Somerset fan of the age of people that adore him, but I am going for early doors botham, and honestly until the back injury he was a good number 6 against decent bowling on tricky tracks, was pretty technical, he became a bit of a farce, and as I say think Stokes will surpass him, but for this exercise, it's Botham pre 1983, the rest was an occasionally brilliant but mostly poor tribute band. That's the Botham I'm putting in,

Last edited: