• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in New Zealand 2020

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
this is loser mentality. this loses wc final super overs.
You have to understand even the best Bumrah did mess it up. Shami made up for it. It can go any which way, no guarantees that's why it's a sport. There is no prior script hence we enjoy it as much as the loss hurts.

Ultra Instinct

School Boy/Girl Captain
do you think joe root and jofra archer are gonna dare go up to steve hansen and tell him they win a tie because boundaries?

exactly.
I'm just messing around, technically we tied and lost on a tie breaker. Either way, we're not world champions and it has been a difficult time for NZC and fans since then.

It's really depressing, I know it's a meaningless T20 but it's adding to the misery. God this sucks, why is this happening to us?

Last edited:

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
Only following this series from afar, but one clear conclusion is that CDG is awful in the middle order and possibly shouldn't be in the side at all. He's a bit-part player and 4 is a pivotal spot - you can't put someone there who has no idea against the opposition's best two or three bowlers.
It’s baffling that he’s batting at four and barely bowling. Of the entire country, he’s a top four batsman? His domestic t20 record isn’t even anything to write home about. And he was never going to produce anything in that situation tonight.

If they want an all rounder in that spot then Neesham is infinitely better qualified.

slippy888

International Captain
Siefert missed a regulation run out during super over also any decent keeper takes the bails off from that good throw.

thundaboult

International Debutant
Another spirit of cricket or whatever the f*** meaningless award coming our way as the boys walked off the field shakin hands, wankin opposition d***s with total grace, sad puppy eyes and zero anger/intensity.

Last edited:

Ultra Instinct

School Boy/Girl Captain
I feel for Kane, think he's going to be end up as the player from this generation who always falls short of the big one and is left heartbroken.

As a big fan of Messi, I know how much that sucks.

Just isn't meant to be.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
What, Messi has played for one of the greatest club teams of all time. Not even remotely comparable.

Mike5181

International Captain
1. Martin Guptill
2. Devon Conway
3. Kane Williamson
4. Will Young/Glenn Phillips
5. Ross Taylor
6. James Neesham
7. Nathan Smith/Daryl Mitchell
8. Mitchell Santner
9. Ish Sodhi
10. Lockie Ferguson
11. Trent Boult

To be honest, at this stage I'd be aiming for something like that for the T20 world cup.

- Young dominated attacks with Starc/Cummins in Australia (where the cup is) before his break. I think he'd have a bit more nerve in pressure situations than Seifert/Phillips.
- Conway is an automatic pick, best batsman in domestic cricket by some distance.
- Neesham should be there in place of CdG right now
- I like Smith as a second allrounder, had a good super smash with the ball and he can bat. Mitchell there otherwise.

Last edited:

Ultra Instinct

School Boy/Girl Captain
1. Martin Guptill
2. Devon Conway
3. Kane Williamson
5. Ross Taylor
6. James Neesham
8. Mitchell Santner
9. Ish Sodhi
10. Lockie Ferguson
11. Trent Boult

To be honest, at this stage I'd be aiming for something like that for the T20 world cup.

- Young dominated attacks with Starc/Cummins in Australia (where the cup is) before his break. I think he'd have a bit more nerve in pressure situations than Seifert/Phillips.
- Conway is an automatic pick, best batsman in domestic cricket by some distance.
- I like Smith as a second allrounder, had a good super smash with the ball and he can bat. Mitchell there otherwise.
This looks so much stronger than any of the teams we've used this series.

thundaboult

International Debutant
1. Martin Guptill
2. Devon Conway
3. Kane Williamson
5. Ross Taylor
6. James Neesham
8. Mitchell Santner
9. Ish Sodhi
10. Lockie Ferguson
11. Trent Boult

Kuggelejin to be rotated for Sodhi and yeah that looks a complete squad

Senile Sentry

International Debutant
I thought this NZ team over achieved t actually chasing the score to a tie. And it took an otherworldly innings by the master Kane plus incredibly off Color Bumrah. Not to mention the misfields by india. All due respect.

India did their best to lose this. Promoting Dube to no 3 was absolutely WTF decision.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Partisan commentary usually doesnt bother me but fmd, Ian Smith was pretty insufferable today. As funny as it was to hear him cry "oh no oh no" over and over again as they were choking ,it was way ott.

Last edited:

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Partisan commentary usually doesnt bother me but fmd, Ian Smith was pretty insufferable today. As funny as it was to hear him cry "oh no oh no" over and over again as they were choking but it was way ott.
Switched to Hindi comms for the super over and it was amazing