• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in Australia 2019/20

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Was just about to mention what Ponting just did. Somerville isn't making use of the rough at all. I reckon he's bowling too short to Burns as well.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Yes to my mind it's always been first and foremost the NZ batsmen that struggle against anyone bowling 140+ every time NZ tour Australia, while the bowlers toil but are a lesser concern. It's the 2015 tour that was an exception, rather than this one imo.

Pre-tour I was picking Williamson, Nicholls and Watling as the main run-scorers while Latham and Taylor, who had pumped their recent averages with easier knocks, would be found out. Totally wrong - while the latter two haven't exactly been stellar, the other three failed completely.
Pitches play a slight part too. 2015 Perth test we were treated to one of the fastest, most hostile pieces of quick bowling ever, and Kane and Taylor just navigated through the whole thing unharmed when they saw there was no movement to it. This time we've just folded up like lawn chairs with the slightest seam, and even then the pitches haven't been hugely favouring the bowlers.

stephen

The running has been sharp this morning. One gets the feeling that Warner likes batting with Burns.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
It makes me angry that Wagner probably won't tour more than once more. Love watching him bowl.
Still makes me angry he didn't get a gig in 2015. We've had the batting performance this series to match the bowling performance that series. Wish we could swap tbh.

Starfighter

It makes me angry that Wagner probably won't tour more than once more. Love watching him bowl.
It was so, so stupid not to play him over here in 2015. It was even more stupid not to play him in the first test of the return fixture.

stephen

It was so, so stupid not to play him over here in 2015. It was even more stupid not to play him in the first test of the return fixture.
Yeah.

It's almost like watching Steyn bowl against your team. You just want to see him bowl.

stephen

The runs are coming thick and fast now. Feels like it was only five minutes ago Australia were 0/50.

slippy888

International Captain
Its been a buffet for David Warner during these last 2 test series, his average is creeping upto 50 and we have to start to consider him one of the greats soon.