• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket stuff that doesn't deserve its own thread

andmark

International Captain
Cricket dominated the BBC Sports Personality of the Year awards. Ben Stokes won the best UK sportsperson award, the Eng ODI side won the UK team of the year and the last ball of the WC final won best moment of the year award. All fair awards I'd suggest.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
So apparently after scoring his 300, David Warner has dropped a few placings in the batting rankings. Wtf?

Even when he's winning, he's losing.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
What a champion. Wears sunglasses on a cloudy day where the visibility would have been nothing short of atrocious & still sends the ball flying. :notworthy

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
He batted with sunnies even with the helmet in an ODI against England in the Windies in 98 IIRC. Mentioned something about the color of the pitch and some glare off the wicket with the sun right above.

aussie tragic

International Captain
No idea to be honest, but he seems to have slipped from 5th to 7th somehow.
Pretty simple really, Labuschagne with his 143 and 50 jumped 3 places to replace Warner at #5 while Warners 43 and 19 wasn't enough to keep him above Rahane at #6 who he was only just ahead of.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Rahane always seems to be floating around in the top 20 in the batting rankings. I think he's a class player that gets a lot of unnecessary flack from some people around this neighbourhood.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Rahane always seems to be floating around in the top 20 in the batting rankings. I think he's a class player that gets a lot of unnecessary flack from some people around this neighbourhood.
It's because until he recently he sucked at home. They probably could've picked fifteen batsmen to come in at #5 and do better than Rahane had done at home in that time, but he stood up away from home. This is the perfect recipe for overseas fans rating him higher than his neighbourhood (although maybe not quite so much on CW, at least not as distinctly).

Funnily enough they kept picking him at home and then dropped him for the tour of South Africa for Rohit when he failed, though. Crazy times.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
It's because until he recently he sucked at home. They probably could've picked fifteen batsmen to come in at #5 and do better than Rahane had done at home in that time, but he stood up away from home. This is the perfect recipe for overseas fans rating him higher than his neighbourhood (although maybe not quite so much on CW, at least not as distinctly).

Funnily enough they kept picking him at home and then dropped him for the tour of South Africa for Rohit when he failed, though. Crazy times.
I think you've hit the nail right on the head bro. At least in my case. A lot of my Rahane-love stems from being in the crowd when he hit his century at the MCG in 2014. Every time I've watched him bat since then he's just looked really, really good in my eyes.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!

That was so annoying. The non-selection of Bhuvi was even worse.

They made it up by discovering Bumrah though.