• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in Australia 2019

Test_Fan_Only

First Class Debutant
It was a good declaration. They can go all out now, rest for dinner and then come out fresh again under lights.
I agree especially with there being rain around tomorrow, perhaps enough to lose the whole days play. Delaying the declaration might have given Pakistan more of a chance of weather saving them.

srbhkshk

International Captain
Kohli's gonna be #1 test batsman in ICC rankings with Smith active for the first time once this match is over.

Victor Ian

International Coach
Bull**** dwclaration. 1st innings shouldnt be declared until the 3rd day has begun. If its roady then pakistan can make Australia have to bat again in which case they should be batting now with Warner on fire. If its not, then pakistan will be done by day 4.
Cricket fans spend all their time talking about individual stats and records. Much much less about winning a test match. Give us what we want. I bet you Paine, the dumb ****, wont enforce a follow on if the option is there either.
Pisses me off.
Maybe we can blame the stupid workings of the test championship for this.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This CW theory of never needing to declare in first innings is really overused imo. Bowlers aren't machines, if Pakistan bat decently then the bowlers will be tired and you can't expect to enforce the follow on anyways.

Say for example Australia scored 750 and Pakistan made 350-400 in response. Are you going to enforce the follow on and risk injury? No. You'll have to bat again, for no reason of course, and have to set Pakistan a target that you feel is enough and also bat for long enough for your bowlers to rest. In the process you may bat for too long. All this does is increase the chances of Pakistan drawing the game.

Instead of that Paine has thrown them in to bat for 6 overs against the new ball where his quicks can go all out, have a quick rest and then have a go at them again during the toughest conditions of the match. They survive that, then great, they'll have to restart first thing in the morning tomorrow against the same rested bowlers.

The declaration was fine.

Last edited:

Darwin Award

U19 Cricketer
Bull**** dwclaration. 1st innings shouldnt be declared until the 3rd day has begun. If its roady then pakistan can make Australia have to bat again in which case they should be batting now with Warner on fire. If its not, then pakistan will be done by day 4.
Cricket fans spend all their time talking about individual stats and records. Much much less about winning a test match. Give us what we want. I bet you Paine, the dumb ****, wont enforce a follow on if the option is there either.
Pisses me off.
Maybe we can blame the stupid workings of the test championship for this.

... That simply isn't true.If you go to any cricket game with around 20,000+ people you'll find about 80-90% don't give a rat's about your kind of stats you yearn for but to simply have a entertaining day out and most of all.... watch their home nation win the game.Beats a 5 day slog for a draw any day.

Besides,Pakistan have a date with destiny and Australia don't want them to miss it... If Pakistan lose they'll hold the outright record of losing the most consecutive test matches against the host country.

I guess that's a stat,huh?

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Yasir Shah's record in Australia is reaching comical proportions. And this is including the pointless 4-fer he took in the last game.

I hope some of the whole "Wrist spinners are the bomb in Australia" are taking note. Especially Virat. Just because you are a wrist spinner does not mean you are magically able to pick wickets in Australia. You always gotta play your best bowlers, whether its seamers or spinners.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
kuldeep did take 5 at scg

maybe you need to be a good wristy rather than a **** one like shah

Nah.. different circumstances as well. Batting first and batting big etc. But still, you just gotta play your best bowlers irrespective of type because except under some extreme circumstances,, usually the whole "bowlers of type A do well in country C" is pretty much BS.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
kuldeep did take 5 at scg

maybe you need to be a good wristy rather than a **** one like shah
Cooldeep bowled like 10 km/h slower and with more topspin. Yasir rocks up in Australia and thinks he can bowl flat like he's still in Dubai. And he's done this twice.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
"What have you got there in your hot little hands?"

Things you never want to say to a kid, but that Fox presenters will say to a kid.

DriveClub

International Regular
What's the point of this Ifthikar guy? He looks like a village cricketer, can't believe there's no one better in pakistan