• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in Australia 2019

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The most impotent Pakistani bowling unit since pre-Fazal days. What do you expect when you play two teens and drop your best bowler? Would rival a 90s Indian outfit.

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
Gee, turns out the Fox comms were miles off their claim that Pakistan's 1st innings was 'competitive. Didn't see that one coming.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
After all this, the Pakistanis will still have the monumental Steve Smith and his able deputy, Labuschagne to come. Tough times for them.

vcs

Yeah Smith's not going to miss out on cheap runs like Kohli has done recently. Will get a ton easily (assuming he gets a bat). Deserves a few cheap runs after the Ashes too, TBF.

I would bat all day tomorrow and even a session on day 4 if the opportunity is there. Make absolutely sure you bat just once. The Gabba pitch isn't known to deteriorate much, is it?

OverratedSanity

Ishant in Adelaide too had about a good dozen missed no balls in each innings.

Got completely Dharmasena'd
In the end, this will just **** the bowling side over, not the batting side. A dozen lost runs is nothing compared to a wicket being taken away when the third umpire randomly decides to check it after not doing it the entire day.

Spark

Global Moderator
In the end, this will just **** the bowling side over, not the batting side. A dozen lost runs is nothing compared to a wicket being taken away when the third umpire randomly decides to check it after not doing it the entire day.
It's more than just a dozen lost runs tbf, it can completely **** up a bowler's rhythm if they're aware that they're constantly pushing the line and trying to adjust. Still better than having a wicket denied though.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The most impotent Pakistani bowling unit since pre-Fazal days. What do you expect when you play two teens and drop your best bowler? Would rival a 90s Indian outfit.
While I see what you did there - there was no Pakistan before Fazal, who debuted in their first match. I'd suggest their bowling attacks in the sixties were worse though. They were horrible in reasonably favourable conditions in England in 1962 and Majid Khan was apparently first picked as an allrounder and opened with Asif Iqbal in his first test in 1964. That said this series is still young and they could go on to out-bad the 1962 side.

OverratedSanity

I mean you don't get to make just 240 in the first innings in Australia then complain about flat pitches. If they're so flat, make some runs on them. Pakistan just have no threat in this bowling lineup at all beyond the odd Naseem delivery.
I think it's possible this is a genuine road. Pakistan's batsmen are ****tier than their bowlers.

Starfighter

I've made this argument before but according to ***** it does't matter because the bowler should somehow always know exactly where their feet are 8-)

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Ah so this is the school of "it's Australian and thus tantamount to a crime against humanity" logic that veganbob has employed in the past. My mistake.
Nah it's just that you pretty much just did what we infract people for, just sayin'. ;)

OverratedSanity

I've made this argument before but according to ***** it does't matter because the bowler should somehow always know exactly where their feet are 8-)
I think it's fair to say that for spinners because the lazy ****s bowl off 5 paces and shouldn't need an umpire to give them a rough idea of where their foot is landing. For the quick bowlers, yeah it's rough.

I think gradually pacers should start adjusting to this though. They know the umpires aren't looking, just pull your run up back a bit and take the minor hit in pace i say.

Starfighter

I rate Shaheen but he doesn't seem to have much pace off the pitch, albeit it is hard to tell with a 50-over-old Kookaburra. Be interested to see if he can do anything with the new ball.

Starfighter

Oh for ****s sake. An Australian batsmen players a rubbish sweep shot and gives Yasir a totally undeserved wicket.

Spark

Global Moderator
I think it's possible this is a genuine road. Pakistan's batsmen are ****tier than their bowlers.
Oh yeah this is a road now but, like, it's the middle of Day 2. It's allowed to be. The way you ameliorate it is by making a first innings total of your own, introduce scoreboard pressure into the equation and bowl a ****load better with the new ball than they did here.

Picking the guy averaging 19 might help.

Nah it's just that you pretty much just did what we infract people for, just sayin'. ;)
I was speaking generally :ph34r:

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Do I still get to dance on his grave and call him a fraud after he plays an objectively good innings, based on him playing a **** shot and getting out right before a milestone?

Yes IMO.

Fraud.

(good knock though)