• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2nd Test, Lord's, London

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Like choosing Doherty in 2010 against KP. That was dire. That said I think Leach is better than Moeen.

The thing I noticed a bit when Smith was batting against left arm spin was that the crosswise movement was getting him in a bit of trouble with the turn away, effectively putting his outside edge further outside off than normal. That said, that was before he scored all those runs in India.
What was even sillier about picking Doherty was that the best spinner at the time was an SLA anyway!

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Bullying might be strong but he and Anderson do get visibly stroppy at misfields and always have done
That England side were under-rated in the dickhead ratio. All of those two, KP, Swann and Prior strike me as massive knobs.

And what a player Smith is!

Spark

Global Moderator
the source was KP's book so there may have been some embellishment but you'd think it would have to be based in fact
Yeah there was plenty of embellishment and who knows what really went on behind closed doors, but the team dynamics stuff all scanned pretty well with what everyone could see in public on-field