• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Final - England v New Zealand

Who will win the match?

• Total voters

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Blocky
Thierry Henry
RTB in the politics subbie (gun cricket poster though)

I’m sure there’s others. They are a good bunch on the whole though. Some of the best.
You rated Miyagi then?

or was he a blocky alt. account anyway?

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
God can you imagine how insufferable Blocky would be about Guptill right now? Thank **** he got banned.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Congratulations England, commiserations New Zealand. Right result, wrong methodology. But what a bloody advertisement for the sport in England? The last two free to air chunks of cricket in England were the 05 Ashes series and this final. Couldn't ask for better advertisements.

So sad for New Zealand, they literally couldn't have gotten any closer. Worked their arses off to get where they got to. Deserved more.

CharlesLara

U19 12th Man
I really don't feel disappointed this morning. Stayed up the whole way through, thought we'd won it like the rest of us. And for Stokes' bat in all sorts of ways, including the most freak of moments, we had.

We did all we could do and I'm just bloody proud. Yes we're not champions but any time the conversation comes up we can say we did all we could to be. Incredible team and theyll carry a ****load of good will into a summer where we have all 3 of the other semi finalists and the public will rightly treat us as if we did win it all.
Unbelievable freak one off moments and scenarios I can actually move on from to be honest, I agree, somehow I'm not that disappointed.
Kane Williamson is a god, and Neeshams redemption story was oh so close, but I think this WC has been defining for him mentally.
Bring on the summer!

PS. Thoughts on seeing New Zealands World Cup hopes rest on the shoulders of a couple of Ken Maunders finest? hahaha

cpr

International Coach
All this talk of bad NZ posters and not one Fiery. Is today 'NZ rewrites history' Day or something

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Does anyone know why guptill was so far short? It looked like neesham completed the two comfortably before the throw came in. Don't think neesham was backing up that far.

Lawson’s Jaw

Cricket Spectator
Not much has changed in the last 4 years. NZ cricket (and NZ in general really) still oozes mediocrity so to make the final they have significantly over-achieved already. They won't be winning this. Kudos for out-performing their minnow status in these big tournaments but they will be over-awed by the occasion and crumble faster than a Christchurch skyscraper. England won't be using lube on Sunday so it's not going to be a pleasant experience for NZ. England won't mess around though so expect this to be over as quickly & humanely as possible.

England in straight sets.

Well the Christchurch skyscrapers didn’t crumble quite as predicted but then as some kind poster pointed out, Christchurch doesn’t have any skyscrapers anyway. Which of course just reinforces the opening point about mediocrity. And to be fair, any country with a major population centre without any decent modern architectural structures is probably pushing it to even reach those lofty heights! And boy oh boy, didn’t the result prove that to be the case!

Imagine posting a sub-par total, battling back against another of the cricket world’s great chokers to be well on top only to allow them to bash the last couple of balls around and fluke a tie! Having NZ lose the entire tournament on a boundary countback was truly a thing of beauty! A fitting result both for how well it fits their historical profile and for the tasty tears now being shed by its hapless supporters!

Its great being right!

Athlai

Not Terrible
Anyway. Agree with some of the other sentiments from Kiwi posters. I don't really feel disappointment, I'm proud of the team (even Henry). It literally couldn't have been a closer game and the way both teams fought tooth and claw to stay in the match was impressive. It's a good day for cricket, even if wasn't New Zealand's day.

thierry henry

International Coach
Why has GIMH picked the day of a WC win to pursue some odd personal vendetta he has apparently been harbouring. Just when I thought this day couldn’t get any worse :cry:

Athlai

Not Terrible
Why has GIMH picked the day of a WC win to pursue some odd personal vendetta he has apparently been harbouring. Just when I thought this day couldn’t get any worse :cry:
As far as I can tell, I think you told him 14 years ago he probably wasn't 6 foot or something. And he's been mad ever since