• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Final - England v New Zealand

Who will win the match?

• Total voters

thierry henry

International Coach
Is there actually serious debate about what just happened? England got an extra 4 absurd runs off the 3rd last ball, turning a loss into a tie

Like is this seriously up for discussion

Teja.

Global Moderator
CongratsEngland, very much deserved and proved a bunch of naysayers wrong.

Really gutted for NZ. Variance tap danced on their crotch for that last 1 hour.

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
League positions would be the most logical tiebreaker if the Super Over couldn't split it (it's how Australia went through in 1999), yeah.
Wouldnt have an issue with that, I actually thought that was what it was. Most boundaries though, wtf, who cares?!

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
exactly what was in my mind. ****ing bizarre response from some. the most bizarre being 'it should have gone to the team who lost fewer wickets'.
I agree that sharing the trophy would be unacceptable but I'm not convinced at all by boundaries scored being anything even approximating a good differentiator. England as winner is the right result IMO (assuming we can't just subjectively decide not to give it to them because of the "overthrows") but not for that reason.

Francis

State Vice-Captain
This is the best day of my life!

That was unquestionably the greatest game of cricket of all time. That's better than Australia/South Africa from 99.

I just can't believe how incredible that script was! Boult choking by stepping on the rope, the fieldsmen piffing the ball into Stokes' bat when it wasn't necessary, a draw, a tied superover, New Zealand forgetting to try and hit a six in the super over just in case it came a draw.

This match had everything! I seriously don't think I've ever been happier than I am right now.

Last edited:

vandem

International 12th Man
exactly what was in my mind. ****ing bizarre response from some. the most bizarre being 'it should have gone to the team who lost fewer wickets'.
Except "it should have gone to the team who lost fewer wickets" used to be how limited over games are decided. And in a World Cup football game, if teams finish 5-5 on penalties, they don't declare the winner to be the team that had the most on-goal shots in normal play, they take more penalties.

So the response was not exactly bizarre ....

andmark

International Captain
Is there actually serious debate about what just happened? England got an extra 4 absurd runs off the 3rd last ball, turning a loss into a tie

Like is this seriously up for discussion
Not straight after the match when England fans are trying to enjoy their victory.