• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Final - England v New Zealand

Who will win the match?

• Total voters

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
So England didn’t win in 50 overs, didn’t win the Super Over, but win because a Kiwi hit a ball for 4 in the middle of running a 2

I dunno, doesn’t feel right somehow
Totally agree. I think the best differentiator (round robin placing) still has England winning though. It was just straight up a tie; splitting them based on this game doesn't make any sense given they couldn't be split, so you have to revert to what you'd do if it was a washout IMO. And England would've won there.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
My impression is that the boundary thing came across from T20s where it might make some sense, but I would have thought balls faced or wickets taken would be more logical for ODers

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
how have you guys only just heard about the boundaries rule though? it's been there for every super over i've seen
Nah I think people have heard of it but just didn't really care about it until it decided a World ****ing Cup.

Again though I can't think of any superior method in which NZ would've been adjusted to have won.

Spintolose

U19 Cricketer
Congratulations to NZ for helping create an amazing game.

New Zealand v England was the real cricket fan's final, the people's final and they both delivered.

Three Lion's on my shirt. ???

Nothing will EVER beat this final.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Totally agree. I think the best differentiator (round robin placing) still has England winning though. It was just straight up a tie; splitting them based on this game doesn't make any sense given they couldn't be split, so you have to revert to what you'd do if it was a washout IMO. And England would've won there.
This eases the pain somewhat

Uppercut

Should keep having more super overs imo.

Zinzan

Nah I think people have heard of it but just didn't really care about it until it decided a World ****ing Cup.

Again though I can't think of any superior method in which NZ would've been adjusted to have won.
Yeah I don't have a problem with us needing that extra run.

morgieb

This should be really be a tied competition. When you can't even get a Super Over to seperate them, I don't get why you need to seperate them any further.

Congrats England anyway. This is an absurd victory and clearly means a lot to the country.

How the **** am I gonna get sleep lmao