• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Final - England v New Zealand

Who will win the match?

• Total voters

Howsie

International Captain
I’m hoping Guptill just comes out and tries to smash it from ball one. He just needs to back himself, walk down the pitch, hit straight and long. We know this England attack is average, he’s more than capable of taking them to the cleaners

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah Guptill just needs to buy into the #intent meme and hit some boundaries. Needs to go full 2015 mccullum. If he gets out second ball so be it. But the positives of it coming off outweigh that risk hugely.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'll be damned if Chris Woakes does something noteworthy 2 games in a row. Agree with the rest on Guptill.

Flem274*

123/5
a lot is being made of roy and co and fair dos, they're world class but i think the biggest danger is the buttler/stokes combo and lower order trolling.

nz are pretty damn good at ripping top orders out. they're probably the best in the business right now, but even when at their most ruthless some bloke at 6 or lower has found a way to score some runs.

odi bowling is all about continuing to stab, to take wickets. i want to see nz tonight. if they rip england open, kill them dead.

with the bat, we've seen several quality contributions from middle order players not called kane or ross this tournament. they need one more good game to assist the two greatest runners between the wickets in world cricket.

for england i think they need their lesser bowlers to step up. of the top 4, they have the least good attack thanks to wood, plunket and stokes varying from mercurial to crap. they've stood up in this wc, they need one more game because they will have a massive target on them. batting wise the important thing will be clarity of mind and reading the pitch when under pressure, because if one of roy or bairstow fails they need to keep their purpose in one of the biggest games of their careers.

i don't think the toss really matters today unless the pitch is skewed. both sides will be very interested to see how the other handles setting and chasing targets, and defending a score. idgaf who wins the toss unless it's a lawn or nagpur.

Last edited: