• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

1st Semi Final - India v New Zealand

Who will win the match?

• Total voters

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Funny thing is I don't think its the pitch (though its far from a road). It's just been a mix of batting pressure and great bowling. Boult and Henry used the swingning conditions excellently, Ferguson has been hostile and Santner has been very tight. Excellent stuff from NZ
That's what I've enjoyed. NZ are ahead because they've played better cricket for the entire match. It will require India's playing better cricket to win from here. It's good watching for a partisan neutral.

slippy888

International Captain
i love that on a deck and against two attacks where you have to work hard for your runs, lord colin scored a bright and breezy 16 off 10 balls with no timing issues

truly a sensational talent hampered only by being the dumbest batsman in cricket
What Wagner

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
To be fair, it was very tough for India since the had the contend with the combined pressure of chasing in a WC semi and a billion fans.

cnerd123

likes this
Do you think Raydu would've made a difference here ?
honestly, no idea. He was in pretty poor form in the leadup. But if Rayudu isn't the answer, then why did he get 3 years worth of JAMODIs in our middle order, when that time could have been spent grooming a better prospect? The Indian management will sometimes stubbornly stick with out of form players on the basis that they trust them to do the job and produce results eventually. But Rayudu was dropped on the eve of the tournament they were meant to be preparing him for. Whether or not Rayudu would have saved India today doesn't take away from the fact that it was really poor player management.

Similarly Pant has only batted at 4 in ODIs one time until this tournament. That's crazy. Pandya has only really started batting up the order this WC too. He was groomed to be a finisher at 6/7, but today he's sent in to guide a tricky chase ahead of MSD. You do not decide who takes on such crucial roles in your batting order once the tournament has started - the players for these roles should have been identified years ago and given sufficient time to grow into the role.

It's just not the way to go about things, and fittingly it's come back to bite them when it matters.

slippy888

International Captain
If india get knocked out here, I think a clear out is necessary really even with Rohit going and Dhawan I cant seem them returning when they 36 in 4 years

Moss

International Vice-Captain
Won't relax until these two are gone. Jadeja's had a great match and looks up for this.