• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*** Official *** South African Domestic Season 2018/19

SeamUp

International Coach
Warriors are 3 down for nothing. Bounce and accuracy of Bosch and the skiddy speed of Dupavillon. When they get through that it will be trial by spin with Muthusamy, Maharaj and Subrayen. Qeshile's time to shine !

SeamUp

International Coach
Maharaj with the repeat dismissal of Qeshile from a week back.

Duanne Olivier who ?

Dupavillon is back.

Eathan from the other end with 2 scalps.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
My poor poor Warriors, the almost but never quite.....

Just going back on replay (missed this innings), du Pavilion looked good, little wayward initially but we don't have a problem with fast bowlers. Qeshile was the only batsmen that actually played him with any sort of confidence, the 4 he got off the mark with was sublime. Qeshile obviously needs to work out his game against the slower bowlers, needs another season at FC level, he is only 19. I really hope they don't rush him.

SeamUp

International Coach
My poor poor Warriors, the almost but never quite.....

Just going back on replay (missed this innings), du Pavilion looked good, little wayward initially but we don't have a problem with fast bowlers. Qeshile was the only batsmen that actually played him with any sort of confidence, the 4 he got off the mark with was sublime. Qeshile obviously needs to work out his game against the slower bowlers, needs another season at FC level, he is only 19. I really hope they don't rush him.
Definitely don't think they should rush him too. He needs to hone his game just like quite a few young batsmen in SA need to do. There isn't a lack of talent. But I am worried if coaches are asking the right questions like they used to when a young Kallis, Amla, de Villiers, Smith, Cullinan, G.Kirsten, Gibbs, Duminy, McKenzie etc were coming through. They need to go through thought processes in their mind and asking where they can get better. It's all about perfecting your talent to be ready for that international level.

SeamUp

International Coach
Who is 150+ in SA right now when they want to be ? Dupavillon , KG, Nortje ?

140+ is easy

Rabada
Steyn
Ngidi
Nortje
Dala
Morris
Dupavillon
Corbin Bosch (he can touch 150 like in MSL)

Maybe's
Magala
Burger (can definitely get quicker and probably in and out high 130s/early 140s) [Swing and left-arm]

Young and will get stronger to maybe hit 140+ but like Burger I think they could have other strings to their bow that once they perfect could be consistent international class (currently mid to high 130s)
Sipamla [competitor who loves a battle and drives a good length but has a good bumper and yorker]
Eathan Bosch [more your tall and accurate type]

U19 group : Coetzee and Ntanzi have raw pace. Cloete too. Don't think Marco Jansen is as quick as them but he is 6ft 8

Kolpaks

M.Morkel
de Lange
Olivier
Viljoen
Parnell

Last edited:

MrPrez

International Debutant
Who is 150+ in SA right now ? Dupavillon , KG, Nortje ?

140+ is easy

Rabada
Steyn
Ngidi
Nortje
Dala
Morris
Dupavillon
Corbin Bosch (he can touch 150 like in MSL)

Maybe's
Magala
Burger (can definitely get quicker and probably in and out high 130s/early 140s)

Young and will get stronger to hit 140+ (currently mid to high 130s)
Sipamla
Eathan Bosch

U19 group : Coetzee and Ntanzi have raw pace. Cloete too. Don't think Marco Jansen is as quick as them but he is 6ft 8

Kolpaks

M.Morkel
de Lange
Olivier
Viljoen
Parnell
Dala isn't 140+ is he?

SeamUp

International Coach
Bit of a pounding for the Warriors. Tbf they are a young side and a lot of their best & most talented players are young. Like Rivash Gobind has said, it's great producing Proteas but it means you also got to create depth.

Last edited:

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Absolute scenes!
Our club think we gave landed Rory Kleinvekdt as our overseas pro! Not confirmed yet but would be a massive acquisition!