• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Sri Lanka Tour of South Africa 2019

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Mulder has been around the camp for the LO stuff and not really been picked... maybe they are just working with him on certain aspects of his batting/bowling? Getting him in and around the squad.

SeamUp

International Coach
Mulder has been around the camp for the LO stuff and not really been picked... maybe they are just working with him on certain aspects of his batting/bowling? Getting him in and around the squad.
I think up to the current point they have managed him well in his injury recovery. But now that he is fit and ready to go and if he isn't in the 12 for the first test I would definitely let him play for the Lions.

Borges

International Regular
This would have been a good, no-risk, opportunity to try out a number of fresh young players; and give Rabada a well earned rest.
Hopefully, both Hamza and Mulder would be in the starting eleven.

MagicPoopShovel

U19 12th Man
Eh, if there's any area I think Sri Lanka can dare to dream with it's their spin stocks. I don't see any point in dropping batsmen or quicks for "underperforming" when that's clearly just the standard of player they're producing (or in fact way above the curve in Chandimal's case ffs), but there's more chance one of these domestic spin kings is actually good IMO, even if it's clearly not Pushpakumara.
I think that guy was A-Killa, was maturing nicely before the rug was pulled.

I am super worried about how effective he will be with the new action. Live in hope.

GRAB

First Class Debutant
How are SL playing the tests without even a warm up? There is a warm-up L/O game >AFTER< the tests??

SeamUp

International Coach
How are SL playing the tests without even a warm up? There is a warm-up L/O game >AFTER< the tests??
Can only assume they happy playing 4 tests back-to-back in NZL/AUS but still even with the time constraints it isn't ideal.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Can only assume they happy playing 4 tests back-to-back in NZL/AUS but still even with the time constraints it isn't ideal.
Would have been less of an issue if they hadn't rushed all these new guys into the squad too

Andy1993

U19 Cricketer
Sri Lanka falling away rapidly, worry about the future of the game there, can see an endless line of beatings coming their way which will be sad to see

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
It really is a perfect storm, mind you, SA can't do anything worse to us than what we did to them at home last year

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
PS: I know this is less important the the never-ending BBL but any chance this is going to get stickied?

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
I'm getting thrown by all this stupid talk of dropping Steyn for Mulder..... I understand the Olivier has bowled some good spells with his short stuff, but he is not in anyway ahead of Steyn in the pecking order.