• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Big Bash League 2018-19

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The light tower is going to get Brisbane into the finals. What a ****ing farce. Peak Big Bash.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Strange captaincy, I rate Pope but he is still raw as all hell, giving him the new rock wasn't smart thinking
Yeah, just weird really. Of all the spinners in the competition he'd be one the last I'd ask to open the bowling. If they really wanted a spinner to do it they have a Sok playing, who did a great job of precisely this role earlier in the tournament. Now Pope will be under pressure when he comes back on too.

TheJediBrah

Yeah, just weird really. Of all the spinners in the competition he'd be one the last I'd ask to open the bowling. If they really wanted a spinner to do it they have a Sok playing, who did a great job of precisely this role earlier in the tournament. Now Pope will be under pressure when he comes back on too.
It's really dumb as well because Pope is the type of bowler who will give loose balls to hit, which is the opposite of what you want when you bowl a spinner for the first over.

You want a tight, accurate bowler who is going to get a cheap over out of the way and if the batsmen want to score big runs they have to take a risk.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Franky looking dangerous here, real good rhythm. Got his pace up today too, consistently 140ish

Looking forward to Stoinis v Curran part deux

Spikey

ricky's already going on about boring narrative stuff ("sixers didn't take this seriously blah blah blah) but the real issue is they tried to win the game. once maxwell did what he did they should have focused on just getting 108, instead they tried to chase down near 9 an over and wasted their top order.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Lloyd Pope out there with the blade. This could be over very soon indeed

EDIT: 4. Would have never seen that coming in thousands of years

EDIT again: that is more like what I expected

Last edited:

Spikey

it's great that the Heat aren't going into the finals but oh man I can not understand what the Sixers did. 5.5 runs an over, that's all they needed to do

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
So this means the only no result of the whole season was not due too easy but due to a dodgy electrician.