• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan v New Zealand in the UAE 2018

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
Sad to hear on both counts. His and Tastle's prospects of playing more test cricket took a massive dive with Ajaz's performance in the first test anyway. Now, between Santner as the containing-spinner-plus-batsman, and Ajaz as the wicket-taking option, it's hard to see either legspinner getting a look-in in test cricket. Only exception on the rare tour to the subcontinent when we pick two spinners.
I think Astle will get another shot before too long (if he’s ever not injured again). He was impressive against England in the first test last year.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
His daddy Nathan Astle would be rolling in his grave if he knew how Todd's being treated by the selectors

nzfan

Only time will tell but I'm not so convinced about Pakistan declaring at just about 400. Are they expecting BCs to fold under 200 twice with follow on? Or are they expecting BCs to get bowled under 200 so that Pakistan can bat again score another 150 and declare setting 350 target? What if NZ gets 250 in 1 1/2 days? Will Pakistan go for the broke still and risk getting bowled out for under 100 depending on the pitch to set NZ 250? The thought process of Pakistan coaching and management is a bit confusing.

I think despite Pakistan dominating with the bat they have left the game way too open for both sides to be in the game.

nzfan

We are so bereft of watching BC test cricket I'm fine to watch it even if we aren't going well 8-)

nzfan

Latham and Taylor are due for a big score. I'm banking on both to get decent knocks if not 100s.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Need to start gapping it better if that's to be the case. So many confident shots hit straight to fielders this morning.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Argh look at the regularity with which Yasir is hitting the footmarks. It makes Ish's bowling look even worse.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Bad luck for Raval, though that was completely the wrong length for the shot, so sorta serves him right to an extent.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Very unlucky, even if reverse sweep was a risk. I thought he was playing the conditions really well up to that point.

Howsie

International Captain
Honestly there was nothing wrong with him playing that shot if he’s comfortable with it. Easy runs.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Urgh, wish we could magic Latham back to his 2014 incarnation, he was a better player as a brat.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Latham and Taylor are due for a big score. I'm banking on both to get decent knocks if not 100s.
So much for that.

EDIT: Ross looks totally out of touch atm. Very good ball, but the angle his bat came through there was heinous.

Last edited:

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Game over today?

Bwahaha, Hairy nips missed that by a ****ing parsec!

Last edited: