• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan vs Australia in the UAE 2018

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
You'd have to think that a greentop would negate any advantage for either side. Depending on how green it is, one of the quicks from either side could take a huge haul (though I'd say of the Aussie quicks, Siddle would be most likely). It also means that Australia wouldn't need to play Holland. It'd be a duck hunt for both sides fast bowlers.

But I have no doubts that if anything it'll be more of a turner than the last test.

Borges

International Regular
The ICC test rankings for Australia are very volatile at this moment.
If Australia win the second test, they move up to #2; if it is a draw, they drop to #4; if they lose, they would become #5.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
If Australia win the second test, they move up to #2; if it is a draw, they drop to #4; if they lose, they would become #5.
If Australia wins this test and then the India series, will they go to number one?

Starfighter

I'm wondering if Pakistan will keep Wahab despite the detritus he sent down or go for someone else. I'd like to see what Hamza is made of. Having been a follower of Sadaf Hussein's career for many years I've got plenty of time for Pakistani bowlers with ridiculous domestic figures, and have been disappointed that the aforementioned has never gotten a go.

Victor Ian

International Coach
This is ludicrous. Australia are all time turdworthy at the moment (even imagining Smith and Warner are still in the side), and England at home aside, they haven't won anything for a long time. It's kind of a negative indictment on the woes of the levels of world cricket at the moment. Basically, the world is playing at late 80's level Australia.

stephen

Yep I can't remember a less competitive time in world cricket since the 80s. and even then there were some ATG players.

Australia is helped by only ever losing to South Africa at home.

FBU

International Debutant
I'm wondering if Pakistan will keep Wahab despite the detritus he sent down or go for someone else. I'd like to see what Hamza is made of. Having been a follower of Sadaf Hussein's career for many years I've got plenty of time for Pakistani bowlers with ridiculous domestic figures, and have been disappointed that the aforementioned has never gotten a go.
What about Junaid Khan, is he fit?

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Don't forget that Australia's current ICC rankings are based on a whole bunch of games from pre-Sandpapergate times.