• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 'The Big One 2' - Zimbabwe Tour of South Africa 2018

SeamUp

International Coach
Chatara bowling really well. In-seamers and the pitch is standing-up on a full length. Right up his alley.

SeamUp

International Coach
Difficult pitch to judge too much on. If anything Klaasen under pressure produced although he got out stupidly and didn't take us home. He is a shoe-in for me (batting ability with 360 power play and ability to rotate strike + he will be back-up keeper). He needs some 50+ scores now.

Jonker was on debut so will cut him some slack. But very hard hands and tried to hit everything to hard and really stopped any 1 options he might have had.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Klaasens must get the 6 slot, shown some good skills and think he has the right temperament. Not a fan of Jonker, think he may be a bit 1D.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Pleased with Zimbabwe's fightback with the ball last night. Their batting has been vastly underwhelming for quite sometime now, hopefully their middle-order can string a few partnerships together in the 2nd ODI.

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
Quite surprised that Zimbabwe's 117 is now their lowest ever ODI score against SA; would've thought it be a certainty they would've been skittled sub-100 a few times against SA over the years.

Heboric

International Debutant
I heard on the radio that of the South African team that played yesterday JP DUminy's ODI runs scored made up 80% of the teams aggregate and the next highest run scorer was Phehlukwayo...

SeamUp

International Coach
I heard on the radio that of the South African team that played yesterday JP DUminy's ODI runs scored made up 80% of the teams aggregate and the next highest run scorer was Phehlukwayo...
I read the last time this was the case was with Kepler Wessels in our first 8 ODIs.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Difficult pitch to judge too much on. If anything Klaasen under pressure produced although he got out stupidly and didn't take us home. He is a shoe-in for me (batting ability with 360 power play and ability to rotate strike + he will be back-up keeper). He needs some 50+ scores now.

Jonker was on debut so will cut him some slack. But very hard hands and tried to hit everything to hard and really stopped any 1 options he might have had.
Klaasen at 5 and Miller at 6 imo. Klaasen is much better against spin.

This changes if Markram or Hendricks impress more in the coming months.

Last edited:

SeamUp

International Coach
Klaasen at 5 and Miller at 6 imo. Klaasen is much better against spin.

This changes if Markram or Hendricks impress more in the coming months.
That is what they going to have to think on in the next few series. Go with the extra top order player or not. Then do they go with 1 or 2 "all-rounders"

I think if they go with 3 of QdK, Hash, Markram, Reeza then obviously it's looking like Klaasen is the only middle order batsmen fighting for a spot likely to get a spot and at 5/6 with Faf (4) & JP (5/6)

I can't decide what route to go yet. I think having the options is the positive.

Last edited:

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
QDK
Amla
Faf
Duminy

Markram/Hendricks/Klaasen
Miller
Phehlukwayo
Morris/Steyn
Rabada
Ngidi
Tahir

The 5 bolded players are 100% guaranteed. The 4 italicised players are close to being guaranteed imo.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
QDK
Amla
Faf
Duminy

Markram/Hendricks/Klaasen
Miller
Phehlukwayo
Morris/Steyn
Rabada
Ngidi
Tahir

The 5 bolded players are 100% guaranteed. The 4 italicised players are close to being guaranteed imo.
I'd probably have Duminy in italics as well. He's got the jump on the rest with his experience and sixth bowling option but if he had a rough patch I could see them leaving him out of the eleven (he will definitely be in the squad).