• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 'The Big One 2' - Zimbabwe Tour of South Africa 2018

Heboric

International Debutant
Folks the marquee series of the year is upon us

Proteas ODI squad:

Dean Elgar (Titans), JP Duminy (Cape Cobras, captain), Reeza Hendricks (Highveld Lions), Imran Tahir (Dolphins), Christiaan Jonker (Warriors), Heinrich Klaasen (Titans), Keshav Maharaj (Dolphins), Aiden Markram (Titans), Wiaan Mulder (Highveld Lions), Lungisani Ngidi (Titans), Andile Phehlukwayo (Dolphins), Kagiso Rabada (Highveld Lions), Tabraiz Shamsi (Titans), Dale Steyn (Titans), Khaya Zondo (Dolphins)

Proteas T20 squad:

Faf du Plessis (Titans, captain), Gihahn Cloete (Warriors), Junior Dala (Titans), Quinton de Kock (Titans), JP Duminy (Cape Cobras), Robbie Frylinck (Dolphins), Imran Tahir (Dolphins), Christiaan Jonker (Warriors), Heinrich Klaasen (Titans), David Miller (Dolphins), Lungisani Ngidi (Titans), Dane Paterson (Cape Cobras), Andile Phehlukwayo (Dolphins), Tabraiz Shamsi (Titans), Rassie van der Dussen (Highveld Lions)

Fixtures

September 30: 10:00, 1st ODI, Diamond Oval, Kimberley (Day)

October 3: 13:00, 2nd ODI, Mangaung Oval, Bloemfontein (D/N)

October 6: 13:00, 3rd ODI, Boland Park, Paarl (D/N)

October 9: 18:00, 1st T20 International, Buffalo Park, East London (D/N)

October 12: 18:00, 2nd T20 International, Senwes Park, Potchefstroom (D/N)

October 14: 14:30, 3rd T20 International, Willowmoore Park, Benoni (Day)

Mods - Can I get this bad boy stickied, thanks

Last edited:

SeamUp

International Coach
Glorious.

I felt so bad for them last year in that day-night test. At least there is none of that torture this year.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
That was pretty difficult to watch admittedly.

So looks like Faf will be back from injury to play in the T20Is, will he?

SeamUp

International Coach
That was pretty difficult to watch admittedly.

So looks like Faf will be back from injury to play in the T20Is, will he?
The press release said they hope he will be.

Saw that he was with the Proteas group yesterday as they joined up. Don't forget he has to take kid Breetzke under his wing :D

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Pretty sure it's the broadcaster that needs to foot the bill for drs.
I think the broadcaster organisers but the CSA needs to pay nowadays. It was to try unify a minimum standard. That was one of the main fights regarding DRS implementation that not all the boards could afford it... but somebody else to confirm.

SeamUp

International Coach
Reeza & Dean at 2nd and 1 st slip on their old home ground probably saying where is Rilee because this could have been like old times when knights were really strong.

SeamUp

International Coach
No reviews? Is super sport so pathetic?
If you haven't noticed they have been cutting costs for years. It is the state of economy.

They used to show 6 football leagues (Premier League, Championship, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga, Ligue 1) but they cut the last 3 about 4/5 seasons ago and Serie A only returned this season. I am most pissed off about lack of Championship coverage from last season as my club is in there and its a great league. They also cut all European Euro & WC qualifiers about 6 years ago.

For cricket they used to show every international game and definitely been cutting some in recent years.

Last edited:

Stefan9

International Debutant
If you haven't noticed they have been cutting costs for years. It is the state of economy.

They used to show 6 football leagues (Premier League, Championship, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga, Ligue 1) but they cut the last 3 about 4/5 seasons ago and Serie A only returned this season. I am most pissed off about lack of Championship coverage from last season as my club is in there and its a great league. They also cut all European Euro & WC qualifiers about 6 years ago.

For cricket they used to show every international game and definitely been cutting some in recent years.
I am aware of the poor serie a coverage for years. Had to watch my Inter on dodgy streams for quite a few seasons.

Doesn't excuse them for not having drs. Should be compulsory for all international games.
Will probably netflix, seems their new scapegoat...

SeamUp

International Coach
Reeza back-foot punch :wub:

Moments later why he hasn't nailed the door down for selection. That ball didn't spin much.

Last edited: