• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Team of the 2010s

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'll get there soon enough if people keep posting rubbish like "Cummins>Anderson" "ABdV never downhill skiied" "Kamran>Saha" and "Chanders wasn't a selfish ****". Truly outrageously dumb opinions which deserve aggressive put downs the kind I'm incapable of.
I'll be interested to see how Cummins vs Anderson goes next year. If Cummins outbowls Anderson again it'll be pretty clear who the better bowler is.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'll be interested to see how Cummins vs Anderson goes next year. If Cummins outbowls Anderson again it'll be pretty clear who the better bowler is.
He'll have to stop breaking down after every 2 overs though

morgieb

I don't think there's a dearth of 'keeping options, like there is for openers.
The problem is that there's 6-7 of them that are quite even, and all have flaws:

* Prior - three great years then it all fell apart
* Haddin - not good enough away from home
* Dhoni - ditto
* Watling - always solid, but never first-rate.
* Bairstow - patchy apart from one great year, and even then he wasn't keeping well
* Sarfraz - not really good enough with either bat or gloves
* de Kock - managed 12 good months and **** all else thus far
* de Villiers - didn't keep enough.
* Rahim - **** keeper

stephen

The problem is that there's 6-7 of them that are quite even, and all have flaws:

* Dhoni - ditto
* Bairstow - patchy apart from one great year, and even then he wasn't keeping well
* Rahim - **** keeper
At least Wade was consistent. Consistently awful.

stephen

Is going to miss the UAE tour FWIW.
Yep. Precautionary mostly. In an interview he said he felt perfectly fine but the doctors wouldn't let him bowl. I'm hoping and thinking that now he's a bit older his bones will harden and he'll be on the park more often than not. I still don't expect him to have Jimmy's incredible longevity though.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
People picking Randiv or Mendis back in 2010 rather than Herath hurts me

Even if he was like 31 already back then

Groundking

International Debutant

* Dhoni - ditto
* Rahim - **** keeper
Bairstow is pretty good behind the stumps now though

OverratedSanity

Dhoni had the best career of the lot but it gets overlooked that he was actually quite sloppy at times even against the spinners. He had ridiculously quick hands which meant he'd affect stumping flawlessly but he used to drop quite a few off Ashwin and Ojha in the 2010-13 period. Good batsman in SC conditions though.

morgieb

Bairstow is pretty good behind the stumps now though
Yeah true, was meaning that in the year he was consistently great with the bat his keeping was pretty terrible. It's good now yeah but his batting really isn't the same threat.

Flem274*

123/5
watling has played multiple match turning innings now, including sealing the target against england in england, and he's always excellent with the gloves.

i think it's time everyone admits he has been the best despite ABDVs greater peak.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
What happened to Randiv? Just fell off the face of the Earth.
Was pretty unlucky not to get a game on a turner at Sydney back in early 2013, and then never made the squad again, Dilruwan Perera completely filled his niche by the time SL were playing regular tests again in 2014.

OverratedSanity

Was pretty unlucky not to get a game on a turner at Sydney back in early 2013, and then never made the squad again, Dilruwan Perera completely filled his niche by the time SL were playing regular tests again in 2014.
Kaushal another guy who's just disappeared. I think he got called for chucking and hasn't been seen since?

morgieb

watling has played multiple match turning innings now, including sealing the target against england in england, and he's always excellent with the gloves.

i think it's time everyone admits he has been the best despite ABDVs greater peak.
Yeah it depends on whether you're happy to pick a non-regular keeper or not. I don't think I am, and yes if forced to pick I'd go Watling right now. Maybe Bairstow or de Kock could chase him down in the next 15 months, but not right now. He's just a weird name in an ATG XI :p

TheJediBrah

Depends on the cloudiness IMO

Yeah it depends on whether you're happy to pick a non-regular keeper or not. I don't think I am, and yes if forced to pick I'd go Watling right now. Maybe Bairstow or de Kock could chase him down in the next 15 months, but not right now. He's just a weird name in an ATG XI :p
Nah Bairstow is in ahead of Watling by a mile IMO