• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Re ***** supporting both India and Bangladesh

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think it's time the forum just accepted ***** supports multiple teams and leave it at that, safe in the knowledge he most likely does it because he's a ****.

- Burgey

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
So the support goes like this:

- Grew up supporting India.
- Started supporting Bangladesh from 2005 despite Bangladesh playing cricket earlier too.
- Supported Kiwis and New Zealand for a blip, but doesn't any more.
- Supports Hong Kong passionately now along with India and Bangladesh.

I wonder why he supports Bangladesh more than India having supported India for a long while. Is it because it is cooler to support the under dog?

vcs

One of the nice things about cricket fandom is that it is not very tribal and most of us on here love the game more than we love our national team. We can support our team while loving many other players from other teams and wanting them to do well.

So let ***** carry on supporting all the teams he wants, I say.

cnerd123

likes this
One of the nice things about cricket fandom is that it is not very tribal and most of us on here love the game more than we love our national team. We can support our team while loving many other players from other teams and wanting them to do well.

Appreciate the sentiment, but don't get it confused - I don't care what what you all think and will continue to support whoever the **** I want to regardless of your opinion.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket

If one doesn't have any connections, it is difficult to support another country in cricket, particularly when you have your own. We can appreciate the skill etc of players and become more like neutrals but being an all out supporter for a nation is unlikely for a sustained period. I can see why *****'s support for New Zealand and WI didn't last, or why mine for SA didn't, for instance.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I have seen a lot of young fans in India who became Australian fans as they were beating India (including a dire cousin of mine) but it didn't last.

Even when one appreciates the style of play or skill of a particular country or the way cricket is run there (I guess no country qualifies for that atm), it is mostly admiration rather than fandom.

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
Some fans of county cricket are a bit like *****. I've met a few county tragics, usually retirees, who have multiple (2-3) memberships to counties loosely located in close proximity of one-and-another. There are fans who are members of Middlesex and Surrey for instance, or are members of various Midlands counties.

I don't completely understand it myself as I like a distinct ''team'', and it is not altogether clear to me what they do when say Middlesex play Surrey? Granted I'm not averse to having ''second teams'' (mine, internationally, is New Zealand which makes me doubly likable to Australians).

Last edited:

Burgey

I think it’s fair to say on behalf of all Australians on the forum (and I speak for them), that you aren’t unpopular with us at all.

Principally because we never give you a thought.

- Burgey.

Burgey

I also make that comment as a member in good standing of Essex CCC.

- Burgey