• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Wastemen etc

Who the better batsman

• Ajay Jadeja

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Mahmudullah

Votes: 10 83.3%

• Total voters

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
As for Kaneria, I don't think he was misunderstood or a wasted talent. He just pretty much played at what was his level. Not the worst, not a great.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
He has an away average under 40 and two five-fors against India. Abdul Qadir doesn't have either of those things.

cnerd123

likes this
Favourite cereals? I go for banana nut crunch these days. Childhood favs include Honey Stars, Froot Loops, Waffle Squares, Koko Krunch. In Austria they used to have one called Nougat Bits, basically wheat squares with Hazelnut choc in the middle. So good.
I remember there used to be a cereal called Cookie Crunch

Basically tiny bite sized cookies passed off as cereal

It was incredible

vcs

He has an away average under 40 and two five-fors against India. Abdul Qadir doesn't have either of those things.
He suffered a lot from having Akmal keep to him. I'd go as far as to blame Akmal for that permanent frown on his face.

vcs

I do think Kanera was a wasted talent though. Apparently he had a very well-disguised googly.
What cuisine is that, I haven't tried it. :ph34r:

Good to know Kaneria liked to explore the local fare on his travels.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Taking a friend out for dinner tonight. Probably gonna get Indian food (if my friend doesn't object). Might be good time to try some of the desserts suggested in the past few slippy threads.

Burgey

I would certainly suggest running with some delicious Indian for main, but do both of you a favour and walk up the road to a non-Asian place rather than end the night with the dross which passes for Indian desserts.

Burgey

On topic, I am sad to report the imminent closure of the Indian Palace after 38 years. Best Indian joint in the inner west, and by default therefore the best in the world.

Owners retiring. Apparently a new Indian place opening in the same spot soon though, which will hopefully be good as well.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
I would certainly suggest running with some delicious Indian for main, but do both of you a favour and walk up the road to a non-Asian place rather than end the night with the dross which passes for Indian desserts.
Probably the best bet. The only thing is I live in Footscray, so there literally aren't any Anglo-style restaurants to be found.

Last edited:

Burgey

Probably the best bet. The only thing is I live in Footscray, so there are literally aren't any Anglo-style restaurants to be found.
After main, why don't you catch a cab down to that joint at St Kilda, what's it called? Café Di Stazzio or something. Finish up with a decent coffee and dessert. Otherwise, Zumbo has a dessert joint in South Yarra apparently. Have heard good things about Waffle Press in Richmond too.

Just remember though, when it comes to dessert, the rule is always ABE - Anything But Asian.

TheJediBrah

After main, why don't you catch a cab down to that joint at St Kilda, what's it called? Café Di Stazzio or something. Finish up with a decent coffee and dessert. Otherwise, Zumbo has a dessert joint in South Yarra apparently. Have heard good things about Waffle Press in Richmond too.

Just remember though, when it comes to dessert, the rule is always ABE - Anything But Asian.
Alphabet fail

I think you're confusing it with the acronym for finding women - Anything But English