• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The ATG Teams General arguing/discussing thread

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Seriously guys can you stop with this? It's really annoying to read crap like this & worst of all, proper cricket discussion gets lost in the mix.

What are you guys even posting in the ATG thread for anyway? JediBrah doesn't even know who Les Ames is FFS.

Mr Miyagi

Banned
This is an open forum. People will respond to you whether or not you are in a direct conversation with them at the time. And sometimes they will point out when you are wrong. If you can't accept that then an online forum is not for you.
Sure. Segues are fine. But don't change the goal posts as a segue and then claim it was the original topic.

That is what I am asking for. ;)

Mr Miyagi

Banned
Seriously guys can you stop with this? It's really annoying to read crap like this & worst of all, proper cricket discussion gets lost in the mix.

What are you guys even posting in the ATG thread for anyway? JediBrah doesn't even know who Les Ames is FFS.
:laugh:

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sure. Segues are fine. But don't change the goal posts as a segue and then claim it was the original topic.

That is what I am asking for. ;)
No one cares about segues or original topics. You were wrong, you've been corrected. It's not a big deal. Everyone's wrong sometimes. I don't even know who Les Ames is ffs

Mr Miyagi

Banned
No one cares about segues or original topics. You were wrong, you've been corrected. It's not a big deal. Everyone's wrong sometimes. I don't even know who Les Ames is ffs

Yeah, don't correct people in future if you don't care for original topics nor the fact you're seguing. All you're doing is "JediBrah'ing" their conversation.

If you don't know the original topic yet you know you're on a segue, don't even try and correct people. It's pretty simple. Mods, please explain common courtesy to him.

Leave me and Red Hill to our own devices, we don't need your intervention and topic change with latent correction. We're grown ups. We can communicate without your assistance. Thanks all the same.

If you want to segue - do so. It is your freedom of speech right. But just admit to participants purportedly in the conversation with you that you're doing so. It isn't a correction to them. It is a change of parameters (that is the topic being discussed).

Red Hill and myself were fine before you entered blazing guns on a whole new topic pretending it was the same and arbitrarily overruling relevance to my and Red Hill's topic (chronology is the chronology).

You did what you did. Just accept it and move on. We already have.

Last edited:

TheJediBrah

Yeah, don't correct people in future if you don't care for original topics nor the fact you're seguing. All you're doing is "JediBrah'ing" their conversation.

If you don't know the original topic and you know you're on a segue, don't even try and correct people. It's pretty simple. Mods, please explain common courtesy to him.

Leave me and Red Hill to our own devices, we don't need your intervention and topic change with latent correction. We're grown ups. We can communicate without your assistance. Thanks all the same.
Just stop it. I didn't segue anything, or change the topic. I haven't been arguing about it because it would just lead to the same illogical arguments with you it always does and I wanted to throw you a bone.

You can't just threaten to ignore everyone who disagrees with you or points out when you're wrong, or whinge and complain for pages on end and destroy a thread every time someone calls out when you make a bad post. It's not cool.

Mr Miyagi

Banned
Just stop it. I didn't segue anything, or change the topic. I haven't been arguing about it because it would just lead to the same illogical arguments with you it always does and I wanted to throw you a bone.

You can't just threaten to ignore everyone who disagrees with you or points out when you're wrong, or whinge and complain for pages on end and destroy a thread every time someone calls out when you make a bad post. It's not cool.
Dude, you entered the conversation debating with me after Red Hill and I were resolved. The chronology shows and proves this.

How did you not segue or change the topic if my subject was "irrelevant" with Red Hill as against yourself?

Think about this. Mods, please explain to him.

Last edited:

TheJediBrah

Dude, you entered the conversation debating with me after Red Hill and I were resolved.

How did you not segue or change the topic? Think about this. Mods, please explain to him.
If you really want to have this argument we'll switch to PMs, no point clogging up the thread further

edit: do you know how to do that? I don't

Last edited:

Mr Miyagi

Banned
If you really want to have this argument we'll switch to PMs, no point clogging up the thread earlier
No, I want mods to see this. I want to be a valued and well contributing poster here.

I want to discuss cricket here.

What I don't want, is you moving the goal posts on me or using ad hominem attack at every turn. (This goes for anyone).

JediBrah, this isn't personal. But when you attack my objective reasoning with fallacies, it isn't my ideal.

So lets get this sorted.

I love cricket. I am reasonable.

Now I don't doubt that you love cricket also. Stop jumping on my posts that you havn't read in full or don't understand. I will more than happily explain anything you don't understand if you ask nicely.

If you sincerely think I'm dumb, ask some more users what they think. Say Burgey and vcs for example (just a stab, I am new). Now if you're surprised at their response, read my posts more carefully.

I'm not here to say my opinion matters more on cricket than anyone else's because I know it doesn't. But if you think my opinion is illogical, I want proof and merely moving the goal posts is not proof.

Last edited:

TheJediBrah

Yeah, nah, I know how discussions with you go. It will destroy the thread, go nowhere and just piss off everyone who actually wants to talk about cricket here. I'm happy to waste both our times talking about it over private message if it's important to you but I'm not going to waste everyone else's more than these absurdly childish arguments already have.

Mr Miyagi

Banned
Yeah, nah, I know how discussions with you go. It will destroy the thread, go nowhere and just piss off everyone who actually wants to talk about cricket here. I'm happy to waste both our times talking about it over private message if it's important to you but I'm not going to waste everyone else's more than these absurdly childish arguments already have.
Well look, if you're not prepared to have your arguments with me objectively assessed by reasonable people, how can you ever think that I am being childish and that you're being mature?

JediBrah, I know you love cricket. I do too. There is common ground between us already to make things work between us past this crap.

If you want to critique the logic or reasoning in my posts, do so with details, it is common courtesy and good reasoning. Just attacking me personally is ad hominem. I'm not here to make enemies. I'm here to talk about cricket, to share what I know and think and to learn from more people know and think.

Last edited:

TheJediBrah

Well look, if you're not prepared to have your arguments with me objectively assessed by reasonable people, how can you ever think that I am being childish and that you're being mature?

JediBrah, I know you love cricket. I do too. There is common ground between us already to make things work between us.

If you want to critique the logic or reasoning in my posts, do so with details, it is common courtesy and good reasoning. Just attacking me personally is ad hominem. I'm not here to make enemies. I'm here to talk about cricket, to share what I know and think and to learn from more people know and think.
Omg no one cares about these arguments let alone wants to "objectively assess" them. I'm sending you a PM now, if you want to continue do it there. I'm sick of threads getting ruined by this ****

Mr Miyagi

Banned
Omg no one cares about these arguments let alone wants to "objectively assess" them. I'm sending you a PM now, if you want to continue do it there. I'm sick of threads getting ruined by this ****
We as responsible forum members, all care about the posts on this forum. Please understand this.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Hey Mr Miyagi, maybe stop mentioning me in most of your posts, it's kind of getting a bit weird.

I'm more than happy to interact with anyone on these threads, they aren't private conversations.

FWIW, my original point was that Tendulkar had a consistent career against all opposition in all conditions which is a theory you can easily attain with a cursory view of his statguru data. If anyone wants to dig deeper into stats and disagree, they are free to. These circular arguments that keep happening in here aren't very beneficial to conversation or forum atmosphere though.

bagapath

International Captain
Top 6 of Didnt do well IN Australia A

Greenidge
Haynes
Worrell
Miandad
Compton
Chanderpal

Top 6 of Didnt do well IN Australia B

G.Smith
Gooch
May
Root
Cowdrey
M. Yousuf

Mr Miyagi

Banned
Hey Mr Miyagi, maybe stop mentioning me in most of your posts, it's kind of getting a bit weird.

I'm more than happy to interact with anyone on these threads, they aren't private conversations.

No worries. Next time I refer to a conversation that we had publicly I shall refer to you as Mr X or "He who shall not be named" to keep the weird factor down for you.

Last edited:

OverratedSanity

Top 6 of Didnt do well IN Australia A

Greenidge
Haynes
Worrell
Miandad
Compton
Chanderpal

Top 6 of Didnt do well IN Australia B

G.Smith
Gooch
May
Root
Cowdrey
M. Yousuf
Graeme Smith shouldn't be mentioned here. He got MotS in SA's first series win in Australia in ages.

TheJediBrah

Yeah Smith averages 39 in Australia, which even though his career average is 48, is actually pretty good given how tough batting in Australia generally is for touring batsmen (last 5 or 6 years notwithstanding)