• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa 2018

Bahseph

State Captain
Again, with Smith, it's literally 2 or 3 bad Tests. He's only human.
Kohli was brilliant in SA, but I always felt we could get him out in the Tests with some probing bowling outside off. I don't see how we can dismiss Smith until it happens. He is that damn good.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Is it really that much of a surprise the batting efforts of the Aus top order? In SA where the ball is known to do something against a very very good attack people are surprised by the Aus top order not doing well, when they have a reputation for getting out to and playing to hard at the moving ball. Smith is a bit of a surprise, having been so good, but the question was always could his technique really survive with good bowlers and a moving ball. If I had to talk about a worry it would be the Aus bowling, which has been good but not nearly as effective... I expected more from Hazelwood in particular.

SA have been gifted with an inform de Villiers, and patient Elgar and Amla innings.....
The Australian batsmen haven't been technically outdone or outplayed generally though. The shots played yesterday were just poor and showed a lack of constraint or patience in building an innings. That's the frustrating part

I'm not worried about our bowling. Yeah no one is having a MJ series but they've hunted well together although still getting carried away with the short stuff at the tail

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Sure but it wouldn't happen if aus players didn't behave like thugs.
That is school boy mentality... I would hope the adults had stopped thinking like that. 'He was nasty to me first" is no defense.... I can just hear the school boy whine, maybe that is why it is called demerit points!

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
The Australian batsmen haven't been technically outdone or outplayed generally though. The shots played yesterday were just poor and showed a lack of constraint or patience in building an innings. That's the frustrating part

I'm not worried about our bowling. Yeah no one is having a MJ series but they've hunted well together although still getting carried away with the short stuff at the tail
I`m not convinced of that Aus batsmen play much harder at the ball... they look for the ball #intent. Markram,QDK has a similar issue. Whereas Elgar and Amla tend to wait for you to bowl at them.... Paine has looked the best Aus bat because of how he has left the ball alone.

JRC67

U19 12th Man
"hear me out guys, the points system led to ridiculous outcomes that distorted the series, so the solution is to introduce an even bigger distortion into the series by giving one team a massive advantage for that game"
Teams have been trying to gain an advantage in a match by increasingly abusive sledging in a match, so making the penalty affect the result of a match is consistent. The top level has a responsibility to both the grass roots anď school cricket, so they need to have a code of conduct with real teeth. 25% of match fees and the outside chance of a one match ban in two years time is no deterrent to players earning a million a year. It's very simple not to get sanctioned you don't go around abusing people. There was no secret this was going to happen in this series, Australia were open that they were going to do it, so it's not players accidently doing something.

Injuries affect series and match outcomes all the time and they are less just than players behaving in a way which would see them thrown out of many bars around the world being stopped from batting and bowling for a period. It works in rugby, despite initial concerns. If you don't want to be sin binned you don't commit the offence.

Last edited:

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Just realized I love watching DeKock keep more than his batting in some ways. Always seems like he’s a bit suprised by the edges. I don’t mean he’s a bad ‘keeper, more like holy ****, you got an edge, well done man! Like the best little bro ever.

karan316

State Vice-Captain
Sure but it wouldn't happen if aus players didn't behave like thugs.
LOL, just read the article I read below. I am not an anti-Australian, although I have trolled a few people in the past. But things like these make my blood boil, so the Australian crowds being racist and disrepectful is fine, but they make a big issue of things when they are at the receiving end.

Newlands crowd abuse 'disgraceful'- Lehmann - ESPNcricinfo

Last edited:

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
“Might not be overly fond of the quick bowling.”

Paine scathing of his tweaker, set himself up if he lets even a single bye through this knock.

Stefan9

International Debutant
^ just makin up **** now.
Yeah I just made up Warner nearly assaulting qdk,warner punching root, Warne abusing hudson, clarke telling Anderson he is going to break his arm,ect.

The australian team has a reputation world wide and its well earned.

Great players but doesn't their reputation for poor behaviour....

Tom Flint

International Regular
Watched the highlights last night, can't help but think philander to Lyon would have worked better. The extra pace on the ball from morkel and rabada helps if your are just swinging the bat imo