• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Domestic Season 2017/18

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I take it Stoinis is going to be doing his fair share of bowling, maybe Marsh too. Otherwise Kelly and Richardson is an extraordinarily green pace bowling attack for WA.

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
If Handscomb doesn't score runs then who is front of the queue to take his spot? Maxi, Weatherald and Fergie look the front runners based on this season. Plus the selectors love Mmarsh.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Kinda figured Siddle would be given this match and then be dropped following the BBL break

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Poor Cartwright, I like the cut of a batsman's jib when he's in his stance and his back is literally at a horizontal angle.

Spikey

it's December 2017 and QLD's seam attack is Mark Steketee, Cameron Gannon & Nathan Rimmington

have they got a bunch of injures. why are both Gannon and Rimmington playing in the same team outside of the BBL

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Feldman was in the twelve, and his form has been largely fine, so it's weird. Maybe he picked up an injury at training or something.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
If Handscomb doesn't score runs then who is front of the queue to take his spot? Maxi, Weatherald and Fergie look the front runners based on this season. Plus the selectors love Mmarsh.
Weatherald is an interesting name to include for a middle order spot, I would have thought his teammate and captain Head would be ahead. One of the NSW young bats (KPat or hughes) really need a big score to get back into contention.

Just on Cartwright, wow. I wonder how he is doing in the nets? He might need to nove down the order a bit or try and gain confidence in the Bash.

On QLDs attack, yep so so dire. No Feldman, Neser, Doggett, George or Stanlake. Even former Australian Test 12th man Ben Cutting cant get a game.

Midwinter

State Captain
On QLDs attack, yep so so dire. No Feldman, Neser, Doggett, George or Stanlake. Even former Australian Test 12th man Ben Cutting cant get a game.
Qld have lost their 3 front line bowlers for this game
Neser, Feldman and Doggett.

That is going to make it hard for them

Midwinter

State Captain
Have to be MMarsh.

He's good mates with the captain isn't he.

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
Weatherald is an interesting name to include for a middle order spot, I would have thought his teammate and captain Head would be ahead. One of the NSW young bats (KPat or hughes) really need a big score to get back into contention.
Just looking at the runs. Dunno about Head. Always thought of him as more a 1 day player. Agreed on KPat needing some runs to stay in the running.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
This Jono Wells red ball experiment needs to end quickly IMO. Good at the other formats, but thats it.

Loose Cannon

U19 Debutant
Regarding selection, is there a cut off point with 1st class averages where players should be discounted for selection?

I find it odd that MMarsh and Head are even discussed while averaging 29.63 and 33.96 respectively. Numbers don't tell you everything, but I think they should tell you that they are sucking pretty hard with the red ball, no matter how much they turn heads with the white.

It seems to be the same thinking that has Maddinson crushing it in the ODD comp and getting picked ahead of Cowan while averaging 32.90 in shield cricket.

Spikey

I was going say I feel like we need to adjust the Rohrer test to remove his last two seasons which tanked his average, but then he's still finished with an average of 36