• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

England in New Zealand 2018

Cid

Cricket Spectator
Sorry to come begging for info with my first post here. Previously I'd have asked the Barmy Army forum but the new version of that seems to be jam packed with happy pills and grumble.

Does anybody know when the ECB are likely to finalise the Test dates for England's tour of New Zealand? There were rumblings they were going to sort it out in May/June but that's come and gone. We're hoping to go to one or other Test - never been there, nice to combine a holiday with some cricket - but the wife's sister has started making noises about getting married in April next year which threatens to banjax the entire enterprise, so the sooner I can get some information the better.

Oh God I just had a thought - it's not affected by this Cricket Australia row with the players' pay is it?

At any rate, if anyone has anything they can share, anything at all (about the two Tests specifically), I'd be hugely grateful.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Christchurch and Auckland(d/n) are the two tests apparently. Like you I'm possibly going but waiting on cricket new zealand/ecb to confirm dates and put tickets on sale. Should be any week now, but it's been like that since May. Hopefully they just get rid of the ashes and have a 5 match test series in NZ.

T20 tri series with Aus/NZ finishes 21 Feb, so earliest start dates for tests is probably March 1, but if they play the ODIs first then tests might be as late as say 20 March, and 28 March.

Last edited:

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
You'll get your wish of a five test kiwi series if the aussies do not stop squabbling about money.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Sorry to come begging for info with my first post here. Previously I'd have asked the Barmy Army forum but the new version of that seems to be jam packed with happy pills and grumble.
Yeah wtf has happened to that place? Just found the new forum this weekend and its just full of spam......really is a disgrace how the BA has let their forum go to ruin, it was an invaluable source of info for travelling fans such as yourself.

ImpatientLime

International Regular
so england are going to be away from home from november all the way through to march?

stupid scheduling that.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Schedules for the incoming international tours next summer - from the West Indies, Pakistan, the T20 tri-series involving England and Australia, and England - are expected to be released in the next few days.

Time is pressing and, in England's case, they need advice to plan tour groups coming to New Zealand.

It appears NZC are running out of time and are reluctant to put out an itinerary, which then requires change based on the council's consent decision.

article here:

Cricket: Eden Park likely to host England test, lights or not - NZ Herald

RxGM

U19 Vice-Captain
Schedules for the incoming international tours next summer - from the West Indies, Pakistan, the T20 tri-series involving England and Australia, and England - are expected to be released in the next few days.

Time is pressing and, in England's case, they need advice to plan tour groups coming to New Zealand.

It appears NZC are running out of time and are reluctant to put out an itinerary, which then requires change based on the council's consent decision.

article here:

Cricket: Eden Park likely to host England test, lights or not - NZ Herald
Just to add to this the hearing is due to occur this coming Friday/Monday.
There is no way NZC will have an answer from Council in the next few days. From the energy NZC is putting into getting consent I would say those dates for a day or night test are probably 75%. I guess the only variation is that they may bracket it was a Hamilton Test.