• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

BCCI looks set to lose vote on revenue sharing model

BigCaine

School Boy/Girl Captain
Shashank Manohar is such a good man that when the board which he was appointed President of, was in trouble with SC, he criticized the SC and then ran away to the icc, he is such a nice guy that he decided to press ahead with constitutional changes to the icc without even trying to get bcci involved, the cuts in income and income sharing were made by a committee which did not even have any member of the board which kind of bankrolls most of the cricket, all this was done is haste, why because BCCI were in trouble with the SC, what better time to get them, especially when they are already down. He is a rat who will screw anybody if he sees his gain in it, why do you think he played the little "I will resign" drama. He is winning right now and has been very shrewd, but please don't tell us he is good guy because he definitely ain't that. This is a guy who happily screwed the indian team in nagpur against australia in 2004, because he wanted to get back at dalmiya being a pawar bitch that manohar is.

BigCaine

School Boy/Girl Captain
Cheap publicity for starters, its not exactly big money being spent, and i highly doubt manohar had anything to do with the decision or the amount other than being the signatory to the decision.

mackembhoy

International Debutant
Shouldn't get any more money than anyone else.

All in favour of India just playing themselves if that is their stance.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Shouldn't get any more money than anyone else.

All in favour of India just playing themselves if that is their stance.
All in favour of everyone else playing among themselves with 35-50% of the current bankroll on the other end of the spectrum.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
BCCI will decide today whether it will play or not. My prediction is they won't play and go for court battle. Playing means giving up rights over lots of money and throwing the towel. BCCI can extend IPL and earn lots of money and can do better even with less international cricket. So they will play hard ball.

mackembhoy

International Debutant
All in favour of everyone else playing among themselves with 35-50% of the current bankroll on the other end of the spectrum.
Why should India get 50/65 percent of worlds cricket money.

If you produced 50/65 percent of professional cricketers you would have a small point. But you don't.

Just a bunch of greedy blokes in suits. The extra money they want. Is the amount that the ICC have put aside for the associate nations.

So actually trying to spread the game and improve it in those nations who need the money

Any cricket 'fan' agreeing with the BCCI is a runt with a c.

I use the term fan lightly as you ain't a cricket fan if you agree with stopping the spread of the game. While lining the pockets further of an already rich board.

Mind the BCCI have been ****ing up the game for ages. Don't know why I'm surprised they are continuing acting like *****.

Feel sorry for Indian cricket fans with these morons running your game. Make the ECB look competent.

Last edited:

harsh.ag

I use the term fan lightly as you ain't a cricket fan if you agree with stopping the spread of the game. While lining the pockets further of an already rich board.
People who just enjoy watching their favourite team play cricket aren't fans?

harsh.ag

I get that you're mostly just playing devils advocate here for some reason, but this is not what he said at all and you know it.
Okay then here's the connection.

There is a large section of the Indian television audience that are interested only in watching matches involving India. And that's where a large hunk of the money for world cricket comes from.

Obviously they also want good rivals to play with. If the BCCI were actual ****s, they would just buy a squad of 15 from the rest of the world. Maybe not the best 15, but something reasonable. And then just play this ROW XI with the India side. I doubt they would lose that much, but world cricket would pretty much be devastated.

Instead, BCCI actually does give out a portion of the money that comes from the Indian television audience. As it should, since there is also a decent section of that audience that is a "fan" as per mackemboy's definition. BCCI also allows Afghanistan to base themselves out of India. So they can't be total ****s. There is a balance here. There are power games, like there will always be.

I wonder if mackemboy also thinks that the rich countries of the world should be transferring much more of their wealth to poor countries in general. Is he willing to pay higher taxes for this? If he's not willing, how will he respond to someone calling him a "a runt with a c" over it?

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member

There is a large section of the Indian television audience that are interested only in watching matches involving India. And that's where a large hunk of the money for world cricket comes from.

Obviously they also want good rivals to play with. If the BCCI were actual ****s, they would just buy a squad of 15 from the rest of the world. Maybe not the best 15, but something reasonable. And then just play this ROW XI with the India side. I doubt they would lose that much, but world cricket would pretty much be devastated.

Instead, BCCI actually does give out a portion of the money that comes from the Indian television audience. As it should, since there is also a decent section of that audience that is a "fan" as per mackemboy's definition. BCCI also allows Afghanistan to base themselves out of India. So they can't be total ****s. There is a balance here. There are power games, like there will always be.

I wonder if mackemboy also thinks that the rich countries of the world should be transferring much more of their wealth to poor countries in general. Is he willing to pay higher taxes for this? If he's not willing, how will he respond to someone calling him a "a runt with a c" over it?
I don't think that is quite right.... I don't think the Indian public would have quite the interest, as big as it all is. How much money does Indian cricket make domestically outside the IPL? I also think that things like the Ashes and a few other series outside Indian cricket would still be bought by Indian sports so it is not like BCCI could close the Indian TV rights off altogether....
Aus and Eng would be fine... it is the smaller associated teams that would suffer, maybe SA depending of supprot of Eng and Aus. And right now BCCI are demanding 70% of 'international' monies forgetting that it takes 2 teams to play. And the money being 'taken' from BCCI is going to the smaller associations... it is just not quite cut and dry as BCCI make it out as.

mackembhoy

International Debutant

The hypocrisy of this is laughable. On the one hand you defend the power games played by a dominate force in world cricket then chastise the like of US/UK govt for the exact same thing only they are a dominate force in world politics.

Yes I agree more aid should be provided. We spend 10 times the amount on weapons contracts than what we give in aid. Just be watching an excellent debate on humanitarian intervention on big questions on the beeb earlier today.

Anyway **** the BBCI hope yous end up looking like fools and don't show up next month.

Last edited:

mackembhoy

International Debutant
20 odd vs over a 100 years?

You don't have to like it. We simply don't matter. Its the cycle of power.
It's the 21st century, way to go India. As we suffered for colonial rule, now we have money lets start acting like imperial overlords ourselves.

But that's human nature. Dominating others.

Last edited: