• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

BCCI looks set to lose vote on revenue sharing model

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
IPL i know, big franchise, big names; But what about the rest well attended? domestic LO and FC.
Nope.. not at all. At least the BCCI were smart enough to sell their domestic games as a package deal wtih the internationals though. So there is always the odd game or two in a season that gets crowds. But this is one area where CW really helped change and shape my perspective. I always thought attendance figures and TV viewership were extremely important for the domestic games but having read many excellent posters' opinions here, I have realized that the purpose of any domestic league is to act as a feeder for the cash-cow, which is the international team. So it will always be an investment/cost-centre but something always necessary. Now, if, of course, you manage to make some money out of selling it as well, then so much the better.

YorksLanka

International Debutant
disappointed that our stupid board sided with keeping the current big three system- glad it didn't go through personally..

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
hb, do you prefer the proposed model or the BCCI model?

Neither. I would prefer *****'s model where the Associates fund is taken off the list first and remaining amount is distributed based on the percentages it would amount to based on the BCCI model. That way all members are giving up a fair share of the pie for the "greater good of the game", unlike right now where BCCI is being made the only one who has to bear the cost of both the Associates share and the ICC admins share. That is just ridiculous any which way you look at it. I won't be surprised if Manohar's resignation drama was to ensure nobody took them to court.

Last edited:

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Neither. I would prefer *****'s model where the Associates fund is taken off the list first and remaining amount is distributed based on the percentages the BCCI wants.
Yeah I think that has its merits too. But between the two, which one do you prefer?

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
You mean when forced with just two wrong options? Does it even matter? It is basically a bargaining game now, like at the local markets. BCCI says 570, CoA says 450, Manohar says 400. I wont be surprised if they wound up at 500.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
disappointed that our stupid board sided with keeping the current big three system- glad it didn't go through personally..
Yeah look ultimately everyone considers their own benefits. SLC wants to host an Independence Cup next year and BCCI have agreed to take part, plus if I'm not mistaken, BCCI are scheduled to tour Sri Lanka for a full series this year.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
You mean when forced with just two wrong options? Does it even matter? It is basically a bargaining game now, like at the local markets. BCCI says 570, CoA says 450, Manohar says 400. I wont be surprised if they wound up at 500.
But which do you prefer..

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Yeah look ultimately everyone considers their own benefits. SLC wants to host an Independence Cup next year and BCCI have agreed to take part, plus if I'm not mistaken, BCCI are scheduled to tour Sri Lanka for a full series this year.
Yeah funny how it works out, coz we toured there just last year and they are yet to tour here in the interim.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Yeah.. its gonna spiral out of control if some sense does not prevail. Remember this is basically BCCI politician Vs BCCI politician. They are both aware of each others' moves and well.

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
This sport is heading in the same direction as football did in the '90s, i.e. down the pan because of money. All this is just a bunch of fat flatulent old suits trying to grab money.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Why don't you appreciate the ICC under Shashank Manohar instead of saying he is as evil as Srinivasan ?