• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Indian Premier League 2017

Niall

International Coach
Stop picking Ishant, yep he will have a good game now and then, but not enough to justify the trash innings.

Its a mug bowling attack, but this Mumbai side look really good.

Niall

International Coach
Damn, you have Martin Guptill in your squad and you're playing Shaun Marsh (lol) and Marcus Stoinis ahead of him. Crazy
Marsh to be fair is a proven IPL gun. Guptil isn't really needed in this side, the Kiwi they need to be looking to get into the side is Henry.

BigCaine

School Boy/Girl Captain
Imagine scoring a 100 off 60 balls and team getting nearly 200 and then losing the game with nearly 30 balls to spare, i feel sorry for amla

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
What's the most number of sixes without any boundaries? Rana hit 7 lol. Must be a record.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Nah Cutting's T20 bowling is as ordinary as Sharma's. There was some call for Cutting to get in the test side a few years back but he's really dropped in quality since then and he wasn't great at the time. He's at best a domestic bowler. His bowling is so similar to Sharma's bowling though he'd probably have played 70 tests for India were he born Indian.

OverratedSanity

I don't mean to come off as a snob but I'm not sure I can take seriously a format where Sunil Narine can succeed as an opening batsman.

Stapel

International Regular
I don't mean to come off as a snob but I'm not sure I can take seriously a format where Sunil Narine can succeed as an opening batsman.
In all fairness, 6 of his 7 boundaries (so far) were more or less proper cricket shots.

Can't say I disagree with you though.

OverratedSanity

Yeah he's not slogging but I don't know, it just feels so dumb.

It's like those random 90s/early 2000s ODIs where India used to send guys like Srinath or Agarkar as pinch hitters.

akilana

International 12th Man
Yeah he's not slogging but I don't know, it just feels so dumb.

It's like those random 90s/early 2000s ODIs where India used to send guys like Srinath or Agarkar as pinch hitters.
I don't mind it. It is just a sport. Maybe this is how people felt about the ODIs when Jayasurya became an opener and destroyed teams.

Burner

International Regular
I don't see him as an opening batsman. I think he's the buffer before the real opening starts, to maybe slog a few sixes.