• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CricSim ****

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Is Cricsim official dead btw? Never to be reborn?
Nah. Not sure about the demand for it anymore but I'll give the site another go at some point when I have the time/inclination to stop it getting hacked every day. Not sure about the actual simming, we'll see how much interest there is for that when I get the site back up. Might just run a few CPL-type things instead.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I'm still actually paying the same rate for the hosting which should tell you something.

(that I'm a wasteful idiot, probably..)

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
dude, cricsim hasn't been running for four years. it's okay to admit you've moved on. jesus
It's only been 17 months since the the last batch of simming, and that's not even the biggest break we ever had. :p

I tried to let it die before I even started the site. Part of me just won't let it though. Which explains why I keep paying for hosting, I guess.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
just reopen the crabs subbie ffs
I can't re-open the forum at all without putting some serious time in. I basically have to back up everything, wipe the lot, then reinstall everything with new passwords and updated forum software and put our post database on top of that.. and hope to god that solves the security issue. Lots of co-operation with the hosts themselves required for that too, and I hate co-operation. :p

I'm coming to terms with the fact that there probably won't be the interest there to run the Bannerman Shield again, at least not in the form it was, but I am committed to doing at least the above at some point and getting the site back up. It's just not as simple/easy as it may have seemed, though, because of all the hacking.