• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India 2017

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
Never thought Lyon was capable of that in Asian conditions - congrats to him.

Bar Rahul, highest Indian individual score this series is 31.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Awesome effort from Lyon.

Australia have been fantastic in general, so economical even in the first session when they weren't beating the bat much and the pitch looked good to bat on. Persistence inevitably gets its rewards in Test cricket.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Australia can put up 400+ and India are basically finished in the series already.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Lyon was outstanding though. I really dunno y Aussies whine about their spinners this much though. Lyon s good on flat and bouncy tracks, SOK s good on turners.. They ve got it all really as long as their batting doesn't let them down.

cnerd123

likes this
Fair play Lyon that is some effort. Not seen any of it so can't comment on pitch.

If India struggle with the ball could it be a case of too much cricket for them and now running on empty? Not taking anything away from the inspired Aussies but India have had a mad schedule over the last 6 months even if it has all been at home.
It's a bit of a perfect storm from what I'm seeing tbh

- Australia have bowled perfectly
- Indian batsmen don't play spin well
- Some bad shot selection and some great catching
- Ashwin was off in the first test, Jaddu was spinning it too much
- Aus came prepared with a game plan and were hungry
- India have dropped catches

Poor shot selection can be down to really good bowling (building pressure), tired minds (not applying themselves) and complacency (feasting on a lot of poor spin bowling in the lead up and possibly not rating SOK and Lyon).

Rahane has been in **** form, the rest have just gotten out too early to really tell.

I don't think there is necessarily one thing to pin point, and honestly none of this could have been predicted pre series. We had no idea how good Aus' preparation would be, we didn't know India were gonna show up looking like this, and of course we didn't know what the pitches would be like.

It's only 5 innings into a 5 test series. Ashwin and Jaddu could still wreak havoc here. But I'd probably put my money on Aus going 2-0 up, and even going on to win the series from here, based on what I've seen

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Lyon was outstanding though. I really dunno y Aussies whine about their spinners this much though. Lyon s good on flat and bouncy tracks, SOK s good on turners.. They ve got it all really as long as their batting doesn't let them down.
Lyon has changed his bowling a bit from what I've seen so far on this tour. His usual operating procedure is far more dire.