• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Bangladesh in New Zealand 2016/2017

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Could be a blessing in disguise that CDG is looking village so far today. We need a better all-rounder option in the Tests against SA, surely.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Playing the same XI baffles me. Where's the advantage in it when Bangladesh have lost every game on their tour and we have SA coming up? I'd have preferred to get a look at Brownlie and for Henry to get one last crack.
Quit trying to talk logic and make sense.

Meridio

International Regular
And take the fielder from where? Cover? If you pull across a leg side fielder it can encourage bowlers to go too wide of off stump.
Yeah, cover or point, and push mid off wider and closer to cover the single. He hasn't been driving down the ground, it's all slashes through point.

Meridio

International Regular
And here comes the bouncer barrage. It does feel like a bit of a loss, resorting to that after winning the toss and getting the ball to move.

Meridio

International Regular
Ha, I was just in the middle of complaining about why CDG is still bowling, then that happens. Thought we should do something different - back to Boult, or Santner, or maybe KW to turn it away from the left handers.

veganbob

U19 Captain
Could be a blessing in disguise that CDG is looking village so far today. We need a better all-rounder option in the Tests against SA, surely.

Unless anderson is fit I dont see the point of any of our All rounders at the moment in test cricket. 6 batsmen, keeper, 4 best wicket taking bowlers. Neesham has done well but I dont think hes a test allrounder long term.

If you want to be a batting allrounder in tests , you gotta bat like oram atleast, and none of our current lot are even in that class.

Dick Rockett

International Vice-Captain
For ****'s sake!!! Back in the bad old days we used to get hammered for a boundary or two every over but at least we could take pride in our fielding and CATCHES GOT TAKEN.

This bland acceptance of a calamitous drop in fielding standards is a disgrace. What was that crap about the Basin being a "tough seeing ground for catching"?

Last edited:

veganbob

U19 Captain
For ****'s sake!!! Back in the bad old days we used to get hammered for a boundary or two every over but at least we could take pride in our fielding and CATCHES GOT TAKEN
Yeah, the single most disappointing thing this whole season has been the fielding. Its not just a couple of drop catches, its been lots. Horrible. Fielding is something NZ has always been near the best at, so its really disappointing.

Meridio

International Regular
You really have to wonder at what's happened to our fielding. A coaching thing? Practice? Captaincy? Whatever it is, it's turned to ****.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Well done to Bangladesh this session, Shakib showing how easy it is to unnerve this bowling attacking with a bit of #intent. NZ's fielding this season has been abysmal.

Dick Rockett

International Vice-Captain
Our fielding is just so lacking in energy. One of the things I loved about McCullum was the way he chased every ball as if he'd caught it in bed with his wife.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
This bland acceptance of a calamitous drop in fielding standards is a disgrace. What was that crap about the Basin being a "tough seeing ground for catching"?
Yeah, funny that that never seemed to be an issue before this season. Makes the reams of one-hand screamers taken by Boult there over the years all the more remarkable.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Cricinfo's summary of the first session is way more positive about the NZ bowling than we have been.
Watching on my phone I really don't think the new ball was bad at all. CDG was puss but these two have been riding their luck and have played some genuinely solid shots.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
The pitch is likely to get flatten out isnt it and lack of pace is evident. Hope we cash on the start but one more wicket will expose the order so can't be optimistic about the total

Athlai

Not Terrible
The pitch is likely to get flatten out isnt it and lack of pace is evident. Hope we cash on the start but one more wicket will expose the order so can't be optimistic about the total
Yeah, Hagley can see consistent movement for the first few days and it can turn on days 4 and 5, but it's traditionally been pretty flat.

Last edited: