• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CricSim ****

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yeah eventually the security hole opened by the popups allowed the ****s to create a folder on my home directory for fake versions of log-in pages to things like amazon. It wasn't affecting users of the forum but ISPs rightly killed blocked the whole thing off.

I've fixed completely now - including the popups - so hopefully ISPs figure that out soon. :p

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yeah now that I've closed the security hole and got rid of the phishing/popups, hopefully they'll unblock it themselves now.

Shri

Mr. Glass
It never showed me one (except on mobile) but now my isp is blocking the entire site
I thought ISPs could only warn you of its dangers and not block it completely? Sounds like a system that could be abused. Oh never mind, you can add it to an allowed list.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
We've been hacked repeatedly over the last couple of weeks, and the site has been used by hackers to host phishing pages. I've repeatedly removed them but it's got to a point where we really need to close whatever hole they're getting through so the host has suspended my account while we figure it out.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yeah hacked again. To the point where I'm going to need to change hosts because they're not helping me with it.

CricSim will still get you to real CricSim.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yeah, we were getting hacked and infected with phishing content literally every day. I'm moving house and don't have the time to keep removing it as I have done for a little while, so it's going to be down entirely for a few weeks while I move and then figure out a hopefully permanent solution to it.