• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India 2016/17

cnerd123

likes this
Also I already announced on the podcast that I dont see England winning a game all tour. Too late for me to gambhir now.

Not that I need to. England are outclassed here.

Blocky

Banned
Umpire needs to be banned for ball tampering.

That ball looked like something out of three to four net practices on concrete wickets, and it's only the 28th over...

Screw being an Indian seam bowler.

91Jmay

International Coach
You got a little robbed of some of your younger talent to be honest, James Taylor having to give the game away would've been a blow, but I refuse to believe that Duckett is the best you've got available back there.

I recall Bell being able to hit spinners reasonably well; I think the thing you'd tell him is to at least take on the challenge, at the moment, stoic 60 ball 20s aren't doing it for England, especially with pitch deterioration and how dominant these guys become when the pitches turn to unpredictable ****.
Duckett is a fantastic talent. Just picked for totally the wrong tour in hindsight. He'll be a great player long term though.

91Jmay

International Coach
Also I already announced on the podcast that I dont see England winning a game all tour. Too late for me to gambhir now.

Not that I need to. England are outclassed here.
England will win ODI series and likely the T20 as well.

Heboric

International Debutant
He was fine at 5 for this series when you have Stokes, Bairstow and Woakes coming in after. The trouble is we have nobody to bat at 4 so he had to and then at 3 after the injury which can happen at any time anyway so it not like he is going to bat there again.

God help us if Hameed is out of the tour though. Duckett back in to open.:wacko:
I thought Duckett was the guy, the new wunderkind

91Jmay

International Coach
Against Kohli? I don't like your chances.
We just beat a very comparable ODI team away from home (in terms of their quality at home) without two of our best batsmen. We've got a better batting line up and Moeen/Rashid are good ODI spinners. Pace bowlers probably about even with neither team particularly impressing there.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Exceptional from Parthiv, he's dropped a lot but that's full credit to him considering how low it kept.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Sure; it's not like that ball skimmed off the surface and through the gate that he left open. It's not like it's doing different things each time it pitches, it's not like other people have already commented on it.

It's also not like Cricinfo pointed out that the ball did something different, either.

From Cricinfo: through the gate and smashing the stumps! Simply played the wrong line as Cook played for turn but left a gaping hole between bat and pad. Probing line from Ashwin but the seed of doubt caused by a nibble of turn was enough to unsettle England's master player of spin
Yeah, its not like you can put less revs on the ball as a spinner to not get it to turn. Seriously, go away.

Blocky

Banned
You just saw a wicket where the ball didn't bounce higher than the average worm, and you're telling me it's the skill of the bowler.

OK.