• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa + South Africa in Australia 2016/17

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
There was a Rohit lbw a year back where he was even further down than Smith here and he was given out. I like that they've started giving them. Makes no sense they weren't giving them out before.

Tom Flint

International Regular
Whats the big deal about him giving it out in the first place, both teams had reviews so whatever decision he gave both sides had the opportunity to question it. Smith did and the umpire was proved correct.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Tbf, KW went down a few pegs more than the other 2 by being totally and utterly destroyed by Ashwin 4 out of 4 times. If Root has a cracking series vs. Ashwin, that pushes him clearly ahead of KW for mine.

Regarding Smith, he still scored a 100 in that SL series. This is one dismissal.
Really? Root scored less than Kane did in Bangers, both in difficult conditions but you'd say India were the better attack.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Now our position has gone from fantastic to not great, and we've no reviews. Smith's review was understandable, that was just in hope.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Something something something in 1998 if you got hit on the knee roll it was going over and if you were around the wicket you couldn't get an LBW. So unfair that umpires are giving correct decisions, not abiding by ye-olde rules of thumb that were actually wrong.

That just isn't true in the last 2-3 years. DRS has meant that umpires have been much more willing to give LBW when batters are down the track. I've seen a few of those in the last few years, including a couple in the India NZ series given without DRS when NZ batsmen were well down the wicket.

Your statement is correct if we're talking about pre DRS days.
Yeah, I'm referring to pre-DRS more than recent years.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
There was a Rohit lbw a year back where he was even further down than Smith here and he was given out. I like that they've started giving them. Makes no sense they weren't giving them out before.
Yeah, it's weird some are carrying on as if this is the first time umps are giving those.

Last edited: