• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

West Indies vs Pakistan in UAE 2016

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
There was a bit of discussion on the commentary about Pakistan perhaps being a bit flat due to 'dead rubber' mindset and looking ahead to Nz/Oz tours and I did sense a bit of that in the play I was watching. Brathwaite/Bishoo batted well and patiently in their partnership but I thought Pakistan gave them too many easy singles (especially Bishoo) and just let the game drift while the Winides accumulated their lead.

Niall

International Coach
I think the 4.75 odd for WI is a bargain at this stage...at least one between Brathwaite-Holder batting partnership and Gabriel-Bishoo bowling partnership may click tomorrow. A close match is likely imo.
Good call, backed them for interest sake at 4.1.

Last edited:

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So West Indies will probably have a better tour of the UAE than what we did.

This feels....odd.

Niall

International Coach

This feels....odd.
I dunno, Aus slaughtered them in limited overs cricket, while West Indies were lol bad in those formats.

West Indies I suppose are more familiar with these sort of pitches and as others have said, they may have taken West Indies for granted here, looking ahead to the NZ/Aus tour.

Huge test of the Pakistan lower order, very likely that Nawaz and the bowlers will have to contribute hugely for them to save this test.

Last edited:

JTemperance

Cricket Spectator
Pakistan were clearly paying attention to England's batting masterclass from the other day. If Windies win this game the Test cricketing world must surely have turned upside down.

neville cardus

International Debutant
Happy for the Windies, and excited about their chances here, but hard to give them much credit. Every one of these wickets has fallen to slow-to-medium short stuff. Inexplicable.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member

This feels....odd.
Nothing odd about it - all test teams are better than Australia in the SC.

Edit: dunno about Zimbabwe

Last edited:

Niall

International Coach
What's the odd now? Anything above 2 is still value on WI imo.
Floating around 1.9 or so are the West Indies, they possibly should be a little shorter, but they are a side I'd be reluctant to back at anything less than 2.