• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Players performing above their usual level

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Speaking of crazy spells, Krezja's spell.
Terrific shout, even though he went for so many runs. I actually reckon he could have been a decent finger spinner for Australia if he'd had more chances.

Also hung like a rogue elephant, to the extent that's relevant.

TheJediBrah

I don't think that belongs. Asif karm was legitimately a very, very good bowler.
No it absolutely belongs.

He wasn't a "3/7 off 8 overs against the best side in the history of the game" bowler. The guy had an ODI average over 40 with the ball, and that sort of spell probably never got replicated by anyone, figures-wise, against a side that good.

Krejza doesn't belong though. He didn't bowl particularly well in that innings, just got 8 wickets because he kept bowling and no one else took any wickets.

Daemon

Speaking of crazy spells, Krezja's spell.
He bowled pretty much exactly how he always does though didn't he? iirc it wasn't even a good performance or anything, the Indians were just being super aggressive towards him, more than what was necessary.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Terrific shout, even though he went for so many runs. I actually reckon he could have been a decent finger spinner for Australia if he'd had more chances.

Also hung like a rogue elephant, to the extent that's relevant.

Source?

I see Krejza all the time at Five Dock Indoor rec centre lol. Would be funny to have something to talk to him about other than his test debut

Burgey

Source?

I see Krejza all the time at Five Dock Indoor rec centre lol. Would be funny to have something to talk to him about other than his test debut
Blokes who have played with and against him. Like two Coke cans end to end. Jack Mac says even The One True AB, who saw no less a specimen than Garner, reckons Krezja's has him covered.

You an inner west boy, mate?

mr_mister

yeah very inner. I live in Newtown atm, formerly Glebe at the start of the year. Before that Central coast.

But I'm playing 6th grade for Campsie this summer because a bloke at Indoor recruited me, should be fun

Burgey

You'll have a blast.

You should celebrate every Saturday night with a burger at Mary's!

Good part of town. Love it there.

Should say the other source of the Krezja story is a mate of mine who coached him at Fairfield.

mr_mister

yeah haven't played outdoor in a while since I lived on the Coast back in 2013. my main concern is that at this lower grade we don't get official umpires and I ****ing hate having to do it. Feel like you can't please anyone with your decisions in the lower grades especially after half the players have had a few beers

it's funny I was talking to the owner of the Five Dock centre about Krejza(while he was coaching some kid in the nets 10m away) and he reckons there was extenuating circumstances over Krejza never playing a third test. Apparently his debut went to his head, he became ****y and arrogant around the dressing room and had a few DUI charges as well around that time. Thought that was interesting

mr_mister

oh and the owner said he heard it from 'those brothers, one was good one was ****'. I was like... "The Waughs?" and he went "nar Shane and Brett Lee! they told me!" I had a good laugh at that

Gob

International Coach
Blokes who have played with and against him. Like two Coke cans end to end. Jack Mac says even The One True AB, who saw no less a specimen than Garner, reckons Krezja's has him covered.

You an inner west boy, mate?
Pretty sure DeVilliers must have seen plenty of MMorkel who can't be far behind

mr_mister

Morkel's tall but he's gangly. I reckon he's packing a bit of a skinny frankfurt, possibly long but too thin to be impressive

TheJediBrah

So when your wife ask you what you're talking to other blokes about on the internet. what will you tell her

Burgey

I will say "The Incomparable Mrs Burgey, do you remember when I was joking with you about hat bloke Jason Krezja and his non-cricketing attributes? I was chatting with a bloke about that on a cricket forum today."

"And do you remember I told you about that bloke who posts on there called TheJediBrah? He still thinks he's really clever but actually isn't".

mr_mister

back on topic, Mitchell Johnsons fiery spell against SA back in 08 or whatever where he took 7 wickets in the last session of the day. Never again came close to that level of bowling