• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand tour of Zimbabwe and South Africa 2016

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Sorry to sound like CM Punk for a moment, but our batsmen are going to edge these balls nipping around off the surface.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
It's still day 2 though. I think people these days forget how long a period of time 5 days really is. Unless you're going at 1 rpo, you shouldn't really be criticizing scoring rates much. Especially when the conditions have actually helped the bowlers, like they have here.
The conditions have been helpful, but not unplayable... I did not expect Faf to try start smacking the ball around but he had a very defensive mindset when SA where on top positionally after the first hour today... being a little bit more aggressive would not have been a bad thing imo, time in the game is important but so is trying to dictate the play to the opposition if you are capable and in a position of strength. He did become a bit more aggressive about 1/2 an hour after lunch and has now cashed in and good for him...

91Jmay

International Coach
It's all going a bit Moeen Ali on him. Should just bat at 6, though can appreciate they want to put Watling's experience in between him and the other new guy.
When Santner performs even 20% of what Moeen has done in Tests then maybe you can use that in a negative way.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Say what you want about his slow innings but Faf is the only one of the top 5 to get a start to get to 3 figures. Good battling century.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Excellent 5 for from Wagner....

Well done to Faf for a good century, made sure we got to a good total.

Now lets move it on a little I want to see Steyn and Philander bowling these evening...

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
One of the stranger hundreds I've seen but it's done the job. Surface misbehaving with increasing frequency as well.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Àn over of fun for Steyn with the bat.... and now 6 overs of fun with the ball...

Great innings from SA well done boys. :clapping:

Stefan9

International Debutant
Good innings by Faf, started quite slow but picked it up nicely.

Decision by kane is looking even worse seeing this uneven bounce already showing itself.