• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Final: Portugal vs France

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Who is this out and out goalscorer Löwe should have played?

Bearing in mind the player he did select scored 32 goals for Bayern Munich last season.
I take it we're discussing Muller here.

Genuine question so forgive me, but where does he actually play for his club side? Out and out striker, or behind the striker arriving late from midfield?

My point, however badly made, was that he may be playing a slightly different role for the national side and would benefit from having almost any decent striker in front of him. Maybe not Mario Goetze tbf, but surely there's someone serviceable in the Bundesleige.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I take it we're discussing Muller here.

Genuine question so forgive me, but where does he actually play for his club side? Out and out striker, or behind the striker arriving late from midfield?

My point, however badly made, was that he may be playing a slightly different role for the national side and would benefit from having almost any decent striker in front of him. Maybe not Mario Goetze tbf, but surely there's someone serviceable in the Bundesleige.
Müller plays as a forward for Bayern. Not an out and out striker, half inside forward half winger in old money really.

All the top Bundesliga strikers aren't German. It's a big problem they've managed to paper over for years with Klose but they seem to produce loads of number 10s or wide forwards like Müller and Reus rather than out and out strikers.

nick-o

State 12th Man
I flew back to the UK for a holiday on the day of the final, and arrived in Swansea to see one of the best local newspaper front pages I can remember: "Swansea Reject Scores Winning Euro Goal"

Great tournament IMO of course.