• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The MMA/UFC Thread

King Pietersen

International Captain
There will be lots of people interested in watching. Would have been more interest had it happened when it was meant to, but will still pull in lots of fans, I'll watch. Not good for Punk though, Gall is talented, and if the rumours are true about Punk not taking to MMA quickly, then it could be a long, painful night for him. Can't see him lasting longer than one fight, if he ever makes it to this one.

indiaholic

International Captain
But if as you say, a large number of people are interested and UFC can get a large number of ppv buys, he can afford to retire. Probably has enough money to retire now if he wants to..

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
But if as you say, a large number of people are interested and UFC can get a large number of ppv buys, he can afford to retire. Probably has enough money to retire now if he wants to..
He was the top merch seller in WWE or at worst second best merch seller for a solid 2 years. He's set for life. Didn't even really need to get into MMA, probably

indiaholic

International Captain
Yeah seems like an experiment. Hope he comes out of it without taking too much damage.His body has to be ****ed up by now.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
So Brock Lesnar has an exemption from USADA testing.

How anyone can take UFC seriously I don't know. Would be hilarious if there weren't peoples lives at stake. What a disgrace.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
If I were Mark Hunt I would drop the fight and bring a lawsuit to the UFC. How in the world can they think this is ok? It's overt corruption.

King Pietersen

International Captain
Brock was tested 5 times by USADA in the two weeks that followed him taking the fight. The UFC only waived the 4-month notice period that athletes have to provide USADA with when returning from retirement. Brock is being tested.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Brock was tested 5 times by USADA in the two weeks that followed him taking the fight. The UFC only waived the 4-month notice period that athletes have to provide USADA with when returning from retirement. Brock is being tested.

They all juice when they're in "retirement", but they have to be clean 4 months before a fight (which IMO isn't long enough but whatever). They've given him just 4 weeks of being clean. That's a ****ing joke, and it's straight up $ and PPV>>>>integrity and safety. Disgusting.

He's clear now having juiced himself to his eyeballs most of his life. Muscle doesn't just melt away.

King Pietersen

International Captain
They all juice when they're in "retirement", but they have to be clean 4 months before a fight (which IMO isn't long enough but whatever). They've given him just 4 weeks of being clean. That's a ****ing joke, and it's straight up $ and PPV>>>>integrity and safety. Disgusting.

He's clear now having juiced himself to his eyeballs most of his life. Muscle doesn't just melt away.
He's a white boy and he's jacked. Deal with it.

cnerd123

likes this
My predictions for this event are at odds at what I want to see happen. I feel like the most likely outcomes are also outcomes I dont want

Jones by first round KO
Lesnar by G&P
Edgar by decision/TKO after round 3
Browne by KO 2nd or 3rd round

Only fight i see a positive result for is Meisha/Nunnes, and even that relies on the fight going into the Championship rounds and its quite possible Mesiha gets rocked in the early stages of the fight; Nunnes has fierce striking power and looks to finish not counterattack.

King Pietersen

International Captain
Everyone's queuing up to fight DC. Gustafsson has said he can be in Vegas tomorrow, Bisping has thrown his name in the hat, Mousasi is down to fight and then there's rumours DC could be fighting a heavyweight. Looks like there's going to be a fight happening anyway.