• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

In Your Place Draft

AldoRaine18

State Vice-Captain
I'll have Desmond Haynes at 2 and Brian Statham at 11.

Aldo XI

01. Barry Richards
02. Desmond Haynes
03. Rahul Dravid
04. Brian Lara
05. Sir Viv Richards
06. Learie Constantine 5
07. Richie Benaud * 4
08. Don Tallon +
09. Dennis Lillee 1
10. Sir Wes Hall 2
11. Brian Statham 3

Last edited:

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
Feel like I'm missing someone obvious here but, oh well. Tillakaratne Dilshan.

Sunil Gavaskar
Dave Warner
Hashim Amla
Wally Hammond
Steve Waugh*
Tillakaratne Dilshan
Alan Knott+
Chaminda Vaas
Curtley Ambrose
Derek Underwood
Bob Willis

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Unless I'm going insane, there's no way Dilshan batted the majority of his career at 6. I think you've got him confused with Hashan Tillekeratne who's already been picked.

watson

Banned
Brian McMillan a better choice IMO
I prefer Hashan, Angelo, or Dilshan at No.6 as they are pretty good batsman and wouldn't be out of place in an ATG Sri Lankan side.

McMillan wasn't bad but he was still a rather limited batsman iirc. Averaged only 27 at No.6.

Last edited:

watson

Banned
Loved McMillan. Stubborn batsman, useful bowler, godlike slip fielder.
It depends on your philosophy as to whether you pick McMillan at No.6 or not. Personally, I prefer to have a batsman at No.6 who is a proven performer against quality attacks. Others prefer to sacrifice some batting strength in order to have a good 5th bowler option.

Neither preferences are absolutely right or wrong, but if you look at the great teams of the modern era like those led by Chappell, Lloyd, Richards, Taylor, and Waugh then 4 quality front-line bowlers backed up by a batting allrounder or 2 was the norm and assumed to be plenty good enough.

Last edited:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
RSA once played a side with Pollock, De Villiers, Klusener, Kallis, McMillan and Symcox... They had Symcox pinch hitting at 3 that left Klusener batting at 10. And somehow Cronje bowled a few overs inspite of having 6 good bowlers there in the side.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
RSA once played a side with Pollock, De Villiers, Klusener, Kallis, McMillan and Symcox... They had Symcox pinch hitting at 3 that left Klusener batting at 10. And somehow Cronje bowled a few overs inspite of having 6 good bowlers there in the side.
The all-rounder days... such happy memories. (not irony)

Now all we have is AB, Amla and Steyn :) (yes irony)

Last edited: