• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in New Zealand 2016

jcas0167

International Debutant
you guys are ruining what is the end of a great era.

of course, i'm talking about the end of "Mc"s in the New Zealand test side. When New Zealand take the field against South Africa it is very likely it will be the first time in well over a decade that the team does not contain at least one player with "Mc" in their surname.

And what and end it was.
1997-2016.

Jord

U19 Vice-Captain
The most surprising and disapointing thing has been that with the exception of Adelaide, the lack of penetration from Southee & Boult. Boult is coming back from a stress fracture, and Southee was coming into this series off a foot injury. I haven't actually watched much of them bowling in this series, but the comments here suggest they haven't been at the same level they were last season. From the talk of them being the best opening bowling combination NZ has had, it's been quite sobering.
They've been clueless, they turn up, hope the ball moves in the air and when it doesn't, both of them just bowl utter tosh because neither have the patience to execute a plan. But I'd also say our batsmen have performed just as badly across the series too, too many starts, not enough big daddy centuries to put pressure on the Australians and no ability to apply themselves against what is a pretty good, but not great bowling unit from Aus.

Patto is the only great bowler they've had this series, the others are just serviceable, despite how desperate the Australian posters are to tell us otherwise. The Australian batting unit is just depressingly like every other Australian batting unit, once they're in and they're on easy to bat on wickets, they just don't get themselves out.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
you guys are ruining what is the end of a great era.

of course, i'm talking about the end of "Mc"s in the New Zealand test side. When New Zealand take the field against South Africa it is very likely it will be the first time in well over a decade that the team does not contain at least one player with "Mc" in their surname.

And what and end it was.
Yeah, It's weird that in spite of the numerous cricinfo articles, threads on here & Sky's many tributes, I've hardly reflected on his career and the fact we won't see him in NZ stripes again. I suppose it may be since everyone else seems to be doing it. I do know I'll miss the guy heaps when he's not there though. Still can't believe he wouldn't want one more lash at his best format in the T20 WC, haven't heard his answer as to why that wouldn't be his swan-song.

Last edited:

Jord

U19 Vice-Captain
Yeah, It's weird that in spite of the numerous cricinfo articles, threads on here & Sky's many tributes, I've hardly reflected on his career and the fact we won't see hyim in NZ stripes again. I suppose it may be since everyone else seems to be doing it. I do know I'll miss the guy heaps when he's not there though. Still can't believe he wouldn't want one more lash at his best format in the T20 WC, haven't heard his answer to why that wouldn't be his swan-song.
Chalk like back means he simply can't play it and guarantee availability for IPL I would think. He's at the stage in his life and career where he needs to focus on setting his family up while he still can.

TNT

Banned
They've been clueless, they turn up, hope the ball moves in the air and when it doesn't, both of them just bowl utter tosh because neither have the patience to execute a plan. But I'd also say our batsmen have performed just as badly across the series too, too many starts, not enough big daddy centuries to put pressure on the Australians and no ability to apply themselves against what is a pretty good, but not great bowling unit from Aus.

Patto is the only great bowler they've had this series, the others are just serviceable, despite how desperate the Australian posters are to tell us otherwise. The Australian batting unit is just depressingly like every other Australian batting unit, once they're in and they're on easy to bat on wickets, they just don't get themselves out.
You probably don't realise this but the more crap you heap on the Australian team the more pathetic the NZ looks after getting thrashed by them.

Jord

U19 Vice-Captain
You probably don't realise this but the more crap you heap on the Australian team the more pathetic the NZ looks after getting thrashed by them.
You probably don't realise this, but we've heaped more crap on the New Zealanders than you'll ever be able to do and we don't really care when you do it because we're New Zealanders. We've already pointed out how badly they've played and how disappointing they've been.

They've been weak with the bat, gifting wickets to people who really don't deserve them. They've been clueless with the ball which doesn't help when you've got a batting unit as strong as Australia against you. They've not executed plans well. It's not that Australia have played out of their skins here, because outside Voges, you would have to say they haven't. They just haven't been tested because the New Zealanders haven't got the basics right and that's combined with Australia having the best of the conditions in each of the tests to exploit.

Last edited:

TNT

Banned
You probably don't realise this, but we've heaped more crap on the New Zealanders than you'll ever be able to do and we don't really care when you do it because we're New Zealanders. We've already pointed out how badly they've played and how disappointing they've been.
Cool, just keep putting crap on the Aussies then, it really hurts our feelings and now we feel like we should have lost.

Jord

U19 Vice-Captain
Cool, just keep putting crap on the Aussies then, it really hurts our feelings and now we feel like we should have lost.
Sure, I mean I wouldn't want you guys to forget that 6 months ago you got tore apart in conditions that didn't suit you by a bowler who took 8 for 15 against you... Because Australia #1!!!

English passport means I enjoyed that equally as I've enjoyed Wagner bombing out your batsmen in this match too.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Chalk like back means he simply can't play it and guarantee availability for IPL I would think. He's at the stage in his life and career where he needs to focus on setting his family up while he still can.
I get his reasons and don't blame him maximising his earnings while he can, but the T20 WC doesn't conflict with the IPL IIRC and the stress of 5 x 3 hour games of T20 would hardly be the straw that breaks Brendon's back (you'd hope). I guessing it had more to do with finishing up at home against his greatest foe, but can't recall him being asked that question.