• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in South Africa 2015/16

Watson33

U19 12th Man
Please do not play Chris Woakes as the 3rd seamer. He is not a test match cricketer. Why isn't Plunkett on the tour? Anderson, Broad, Stoke and Plunkett looks a lot stronger than Anderson, Broad, Stokes, Woakes/Footitt.

Marius

International Debutant
Team was unbalanced with no Southern Africans in it, so good to see Compton and Ballance back.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Compton would have literally had the least chance of all Cook's openers of coming back imo.

Good to see some common sense is prevailing though, so long to Bellend

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
The bowling just looks weak without Wood and Finn. Too much pressure on Broad and Anderson. Might ultimately influence the outcome of the series. Don't get why Plunkett was not picked.. Woakes? seriously?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I want it on record that it was me, GIMH, who broke the news of Ian Bell's retirement. This is the second thread Black Warrior :p

Anyway. Tipping England to win 2-1.

LOL yeah right!

4-0 to England. World domination starts now.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
I want it on record that it was me, GIMH, who broke the news of Ian Bell's retirement. This is the second thread Black Warrior :p

I posted in the official thread. Rebel league records and performances don't count. World Series and ICL are just a fad :p

Flem274*

123/5
I don't really rate Compton in tests away from roads but he's a decent batsman and the best option so I hope he does well.

Ballance back to #3 in Bell's absence? I think Root is best suited but might be best to seperate he and Cook. I hope James Taylor has a good tour.

Marius

International Debutant
Is the dropping of Rashid a surprise?

I thought he looked all right in the UAE (although I didn't follow it that closely).

Think he would be the spinner to give SA the most problems, compared to Patel and Ali?

I assume that Ali will also drop down the order again?

Flem274*

123/5
Why are there calls for Plunkett? When he came back he was better than before but he's not quite a test bowler imo.

Woakes may not be either but at least he can form a beautiful engine room with Moeen at 8 and 9.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Why are there calls for Plunkett? When he came back he was better than before but he's not quite a test bowler imo.

Woakes may not be either but at least he can form a beautiful engine room with Moeen at 8 and 9.
Still better than Jordan though. Must have done something wrong in UAE to get dropped when we lose 2 anyway.

Glad Bell has gone, about time. Was great to watch when on song but he hasn't hit the right note for a long time now.

Looking at our squad I think we are going to get hammered. Will rely totally on Cook, Root, Broad and Anderson. Someone else has to step up.

OverratedSanity

Shame Bell is finally gone. Would've loved to see him get taken apart by Steyn abd philander.

Should be a cracking series. Didn't know it started so soon. Hyped.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
I have some serious questions about the squad though. Why is Samit Patel in it? And Plunket must've bowled terribly in the UAE nets if he could make a squad over there with Finn and Wood in it but not one in SA without them.

flibbertyjibber

Compton better score heavily on this tour after a couple of years of people moaning he was wrongly dropped. Not expecting anything from him though as I don't think he is that good.