• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Mohammed Amir cleared to return with immediate effect

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah, let's laugh at a recent former Test cricketer's opinions who actually played in the match, rather then us idjits on messageboards.

In the end I disagree with him, but to just ridicule him because he differs from you is pretty pathetic. I mean I've done similar with Piers Morgan, but that's because he's not a cricketer, and has proven again and again to be a despicable human-being, I hated him before I even knew he was into cricket.
Take your agenda elsewhere pal. My post was solely made because I think Swann's a fool based on years of reading his Twitter. Cricketer or no cricketer

grecian

Take your agenda elsewhere pal. My post was solely made because I think Swann's a fool based on years of reading his Twitter. Cricketer or no cricketer
Oh thanks for calling me pal, I find it so hard to make friends:wub:

mr_mister

Thanks for calling me pathetic based off an offhand remark. Real rational. You read way too much into it

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
amir lied in court and broke the rules of his ban by playing cricket during it.

if he was a 30 year old batsman with a test average in the mid thirties all of you would be throwing the book at him, even if he still had sympathetic factors like depression and came clean/actively helped law enforcement catch other criminals.

but he's pretty to watch so it's ok. the faisal iqbal post said everything.

i can't think of a better candidate to take strike to mitchell johnson at the WACA.
Yeah and the only reason you want him banned is because you're afraid that Pakistan will beat us with him in the team. That's right, I can make totally baseless and stupid assertions about your motivations as well.

Amir should be forgiven now and ICC said that he has helped in ACSU during his ban so he should be allowed to return and for that Iqbal spat Its a desi thing that they always target the victims

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yeah I actually with Phlegm in terms of wanting him banned, but it's always a bit dire when you tell a whole group of other people that their opinions are motivated by something shallow or self-serving. It ceases to be a real exchange of ideas then. Sometimes people disagree with you because they see an issue differently and not because they're all biased or naive ****wits.

Flem274*

123/5
Yeah and the only reason you want him banned is because you're afraid that Pakistan will beat us with him in the team. That's right, I can make totally baseless and stupid assertions about your motivations as well.
only thing i can think of. basically from what im reading here age is a "oh you're forgiven" reason but anything else? nah.

and i don't agree with it.

edit: yeah fine i was a dick, but the faisal thing got my goat. faisal sucks and has connections so he's a worse person than amir was unbelievable. such talent bias.

Last edited:

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Then you're not seriously engaging with any of the arguments put forward by the anti-ban crowd, and your contribution to the thread is pointless.

Agree that the Faisal issue is annoying whatabouttery and of zero relevance to this thread.

Last edited:

Flem274*

123/5
you could say that for my contributions to all threads tbf:ph34r:

fine, putting aside the faisal thing and me being a dick to people I suspect just like his awesome bowling, amir's age is a factor for feeling sad but because he knew what he was doing was wrong due to ICC education and the usual human golden rule "don't be a dick" and made life difficult for law enforcement after being caught and then got caught playing cricket after his ban, there should still be no mercy and he is free to redeem himself away from cricket.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Get that that's your opinion. Don't agree that age and inexperience shouldn't be a mitigating factor (one of several), but happy to let things lie as I've said everything I've had to say on this issue several times already.

Compton

International Debutant
Don't see how anyone can act as if nothing happened. It was horrible and ruined an otherwise enjoyable series.

He has served his time though, and shouldn't be left out based on this if the team are happy to have him back.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah I actually with Phlegm in terms of wanting him banned, but it's always a bit dire when you tell a whole group of other people that their opinions are motivated by something shallow or self-serving. It ceases to be a real exchange of ideas then. Sometimes people disagree with you because they see an issue differently and not because they're all biased or naive ****wits.
Is there a way to make this a pinned post on CC?

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Most of the people arguing for Amir to be allowed to return are ****wits though...

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The only ****wits here are the ones who allowed Jono's lame "wahhhh" thing to become a meme.

And before anyone thinks about quoting this post with an obvious one word response. Don't ****ing do it. Ya ****wit.